PDA

View Full Version : I am looking to install a Factory Intercooler from gu td42ti onto a gu td42

eph444
23rd January 2016, 11:15 PM
Hi guys,
Can anyone give me the steps of installing the intercooler from a gu td42ti onto a gu td42.
First thing i noticed is there is a bracket on the firewall in the way off where the intercooler bracket is supposed to go. I've been searching everywhere for info but can't find anything.
It would be great if someone could point me to installation instructions or give me the steps with pictures of how to do it or how it all connects.
Cheers,
Paul

eph444
27th January 2016, 10:20 PM
Ok got the intercooler mounted.... but where can i find a template to cut the bonnet scoop properly?
Cheers
Paul

gubigfish
27th January 2016, 11:23 PM
I could measure the dimensions of mine if you like otherwise Patrolapart have new bonnets already cut that you just need to get painted.

MudRunnerTD
27th January 2016, 11:28 PM
Go to a Car Yard with a GU on the lot and take a diagonal measurement from each corner of the bonnet to each corner of the scoop. Using those measurement you should be able to get it pretty well spot on mate. Is there a blank on the underside of the bonnet also? I thought there was. All the scoops are in the same place so it should be pretty simple to line up the bonnet scoop to the measurements you take then mark your bonnet around the scoop sitting on top.

eph444
28th January 2016, 10:38 AM
Hi if you could measure yours that would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

threedogs
28th January 2016, 12:42 PM
@ 444 what colour is your Patrol.
OOI would a wreckers do a change over with some cash their way

eph444
28th January 2016, 10:26 PM
I was thinking that as well. It is the brownish gold color.