PDA

View Full Version : Hi from sunny Townsville

deano_thfc
23rd January 2016, 03:13 PM
Hi everyone my name is Dean and thank you for letting me join this forum. I have recently purchased a 2011 GU vii wagon after owning a 2000GU 4.5l petrol, which i must say had been the most reliable car ive ever owned. Never spent a penny on it, never had an oil leak and never let me down. Unfortunately the fuel consumption was ridiculous and i just had to trade her in for the 3.0L TD CRD version.
I was a bit sceptical at first after hearing about all of the dramas with the earlier models. I just hope i have bought a good one.
I do not go 4WDriving very much, my Patrol is exclusively for towing a big double angled horse float with all the trimmings. My Patrol is a manual by the way (Dont like towing with autos).

I joined this forum to help understand all of the mods and tricks that need to be done to these CRD's as i have heard so many things that need to be done to prevent it from blowing up lol.

So once again thanks in advance to everyone for any help i get. Nice meeting you all

Dean

threedogs
23rd January 2016, 03:15 PM
Hello again and welcome to the forum Dean plenty of info here on how to mod your CRD
and get the most out of it. enjoy

deano_thfc
23rd January 2016, 03:21 PM
Hello again Threedogs thanks mate

4bye4
23rd January 2016, 10:55 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

MEGOMONSTER
24th January 2016, 06:31 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net.
If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Dhuck
24th January 2016, 08:25 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Kimbo63
24th January 2016, 09:20 AM
Welcome Dean heaps of good stuff here for you jus ask away

Bigcol
30th January 2016, 10:53 AM
welcome Dean, lots to see and learn from these guys

Hardyards
1st February 2016, 03:22 PM
Hi Dean and welcome
Nice to see some more from God's own state and even better, from the gateway to the Cape!
Use the search button and all the mods will be explained. THEN, smarten up and get a 4.2 :bigthumbup:
Just kidding, all patrols are great
Cheers mate

growler2058
6th February 2016, 08:32 AM
G'day Dean welcome aboard mate