PDA

View Full Version : OLD 4x4 MAGAZINES HOW WRONG WERE THEY EH!!

threedogs
22nd January 2016, 02:38 PM
My son found an old copy of 4x4 Australia mag, it features a
road report on the series 2 Patrol and a section on buying 2nd hand GQs.
I had no interest in it at the time, but found some of the report quite funny.
Well I did anyway here a few of the head lines lol

BigRAWesty
22nd January 2016, 04:45 PM
Lol. It's amazing what bull shit is dribbled when money talks

Hodge
22nd January 2016, 04:59 PM
Lol. It's amazing what bull shit is dribbled when money talks

Money talks bullshit walks.
Have a look how much horse shit 4wd action and 4wd super centre are shoving down peoples throats with their so called "comparos".

BigRAWesty
22nd January 2016, 05:31 PM
Ow and don't start on the rangers...
People can't sell them quick enough. .

threedogs
22nd January 2016, 06:03 PM
saw on google the other day a 5.6 V8 Pathfinder, overseas of course
Now thats a pocket rocket, scroll down in the link
http://www.auto-decibel-db.com/

Rock Trol
23rd January 2016, 05:35 PM
Ow and don't start on the rangers...
People can't sell them quick enough. .

Are they really that bad? A mate keeps on saying he wants to replace his gu3 with one.

BigRAWesty
23rd January 2016, 06:45 PM
Are they really that bad? A mate keeps on saying he wants to replace his gu3 with one.
Well with 6 reported cases of electronic faults causing fires and the countless gear box issues I'm hearing of down here I wouldn't touch em..

Rossco
23rd January 2016, 08:11 PM
We've got a few at work. There not bad to drive apart from the horrible amount of electronics that tries to take over all the time and their stiff as. Had two with exactly the same problem with randomly getting flat batteries (real quick - like within an hour) Been back to Ford countless times who are hopeless. Given up on them just carry a jump starter pack, their nearly out of lease now.
They've sold like hot cakes, must be a few happy campers out there tho.

BigRAWesty
23rd January 2016, 11:35 PM
We've got a few at work. There not bad to drive apart from the horrible amount of electronics that tries to take over all the time and their stiff as. Had two with exactly the same problem with randomly getting flat batteries (real quick - like within an hour) Been back to Ford countless times who are hopeless. Given up on them just carry a jump starter pack, their nearly out of lease now.
There are heaps of happy zd owners too lol..

the evil twin
23rd January 2016, 11:52 PM
... and the Ranger engines that blow if you don't do the oil changes juuuuust right because the variable flow oil pump won't self prime.

Rock Trol
24th January 2016, 12:28 AM
... and the Ranger engines that blow if you don't do the oil changes juuuuust right because the variable flow oil pump won't self prime.

Forgot about that. My mechanic showed me the service notice Ford had sent out about this issue. I pity the diy guys who will service them after warranty without any idea of the problem.

threedogs
24th January 2016, 10:19 AM
Mate had the motor changed in his 3ltr diesel Hilux,
faulty injector washers I think it was

Winnie
24th January 2016, 10:25 AM
Mate had the motor changed in his 3ltr diesel Hilux,
faulty injector washers I think it was
Yeah they have just as bad a reputation as the ZD30

BigRAWesty
24th January 2016, 11:51 AM
And getting worse..
It's just their 3ltrs which have the issue..
The early v8's are the same but the have changed them..

threedogs
24th January 2016, 04:24 PM

His was an 07 model, sadly he had to pay

There was issues with the Toyjo V8 using oil
but the oil is like water its that thin

Softy
24th January 2016, 04:55 PM
They where on the money back then.... The ZD30 is much better engine then a TD42. :210:

kevin07
25th January 2016, 11:48 AM

that b
attery problem is a quick fix find the wire that limits the charging and cut it

Rossco
26th January 2016, 08:10 AM
that b
attery problem is a quick fix find the wire that limits the charging and cut it
I wish Ford knew about that. Went to a few dealers none of them had a clue or admitted they knew of it. After doing a bit of research seems like a common problem you'd think they would do a recall or at least know the fix. . . Glad i didn't buy one of the lemon ones (not that i could afford one). . .

GQ TANK
28th January 2016, 02:55 AM
I remember attending a 4wd club meeting were the local Nissan dealer attended to do a sales pitch on the new, great patrol fitted with a zd30

the dealer stated that it was the best, most reliable motor that had been put in a patrol.

Ranger, one of the guys in my club had a ranger that developed a minor engine fault. After he took the ranger to the local ford and a $7000 bill to rebuild the motor. He eventually got ford to foot the bill under warranty

navara guy in the club blew his clutch at 20,000km -new rubber fly wheel clutch etc - repaired under warranty, failed again at 40,000km. He was looking at a $2200 bill for another rubber flywheel plus the clutch kit. He replace the flywheel with a solid unit $900, plus clutch kit

BigRAWesty
28th January 2016, 03:54 AM
I remember attending a 4wd club meeting were the local Nissan dealer attended to do a sales pitch on the new, great patrol fitted with a zd30

the dealer stated that it was the best, most reliable motor that had been put in a patrol.

Ranger, one of the guys in my club had a ranger that developed a minor engine fault. After he took the ranger to the local ford and a $7000 bill to rebuild the motor. He eventually got ford to foot the bill under warranty

navara guy in the club blew his clutch at 20,000km -new rubber fly wheel clutch etc - repaired under warranty, failed again at 40,000km. He was looking at a $2200 bill for another rubber flywheel plus the clutch kit. He replace the flywheel with a solid unit $900, plus clutch kit
And now Toyota with injector issues..

No one is safe anymore..

megatexture
29th January 2016, 09:42 PM
I wish Ford knew about that. Went to a few dealers none of them had a clue or admitted they knew of it. After doing a bit of research seems like a common problem you'd think they would do a recall or at least know the fix. . . Glad i didn't buy one of the lemon ones (not that i could afford one). . .

Once you unlock the doors or get out and don't lock the car the park and brake lights will be on so just pull all the bulbs and there will be no drain its not a charging issue

no eye deer
5th February 2016, 09:15 AM
I reckon you could get rave reviews from said magazines, with a clapped out old Volkswagon- if you spent enough advertising in the magazines.