PDA

View Full Version : Just as good as winning the lotto, well for me anyway.

jay see
20th January 2016, 11:53 PM
Wanted to share something that has affected me for a while.

About 10 years ago we got this guy to install a timber floor to our new home, which had taken us 3 years to finish as the builder put himself into liquidation and farked the a few things just before lock up, in the end we were about $70k out of pocket. Now back to the floor. Alex installed the floor and within 2 months it was rooted. Started again with lawyers and the like spending money to get money back. In the end after a VCAT order for Alex to pay us a total of $40k the have the entire floor (about 200sqm) removed and relayed it was up to us to chase him and we did, up to about 4 years ago my wife told me to let it go, as it was affecting me mentally and she saw me changing as did others too. I did, but never forgot.

Then today i get a call from Alex. What the F@#k do you want,was the first thing i said to him. After a longish conversation he tells me that he saw me at the the shopping center about 2 months ago with his wife and young children. He now wants to make things right and has told me that he is sending a money order by post to me (he doesnt want to meet face to face). I still don't trust him, but if the order does arrive and it all goes good, I'll be make a more secure payment method.

Kimbo63
21st January 2016, 12:46 AM
Hope it all goes well for you Jay see

Sprock
21st January 2016, 01:52 AM
Hope it works out for you mate , I've been lied to & kicked in the teeth more times than I care to remember so pardon me for being sceptical but I'd believe when the money's in your hand .

2002 GU wagon 3.0lt , auto , piranha dual batteries , 3" lift , chip , needle & Dawes valves - just gettin started

jay see
21st January 2016, 07:07 AM
Hope it works out for you mate , I've been lied to & kicked in the teeth more times than I care to remember so pardon me for being sceptical but I'd believe when the money's in your hand .

2002 GU wagon 3.0lt , auto , piranha dual batteries , 3" lift , chip , needle & Dawes valves - just gettin started

Yep, I'm not holding my breath, just hoping.

Bloodyaussie
21st January 2016, 07:14 AM
Holy crap burgers...

Here is hoping for a good outcome mate.

mudski
21st January 2016, 08:06 AM
Yeah good luck with it John. I cant see the point in vcat telling ordering someone to pay you the money and then telling you to chase it up.
I would have taken a baseball bat to him and his own home by now if it were me.
Good on you for sitting it out.
When we built our first home we had all the floor tiles crack in straight lines right through the entire house.
The builder said it was our choice of "cheap" tiles. Just to get out of it. Knowing that the tilers has used the wrong adhesive.
So i bugged the shit out of him daily, ringing his mobile and his home until he cracked.
The very next day they had finished ripping up every tile and relaying them, we sold the place.
Only to find out the buyers laid lino over the new tiles. Lol.

threedogs
21st January 2016, 08:22 AM
Good out come dont dwell on it or let it eat you away lifes to short for that.
Seems he is trying to right the wrong be it a bit late ,
Violence will never solve it though it may make you feel better.

Lets hope its a big fat cheque

Hodge
21st January 2016, 09:18 AM
Hope it turns out OK and true mates.
On a joke side of things, that'll buy a few patrol goodies lol.

Tapatalked from S6

Sprock
21st January 2016, 09:20 AM
Yeah good luck with it John. I cant see the point in vcat telling ordering someone to pay you the money and then telling you to chase it up.
I would have taken a baseball bat to him and his own home by now if it were me.
Good on you for sitting it out.
When we built our first home we had all the floor tiles crack in straight lines right through the entire house.
The builder said it was our choice of "cheap" tiles. Just to get out of it. Knowing that the tilers has used the wrong adhesive.
So i bugged the shit out of him daily, ringing his mobile and his home until he cracked.
The very next day they had finished ripping up every tile and relaying them, we sold the place.
Only to find out the buyers laid lino over the new tiles. Lol.

Hahaha

lucus30
21st January 2016, 09:45 AM
Wish you luck mate. Dunno seems suss but hope it turns out to be true

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

snicko
21st January 2016, 11:25 AM
Hope it works out for you. There are scum bags out there so lets hope this one turns himself around.

jay see
21st January 2016, 11:42 AM
Good out come dont dwell on it or let it eat you away lifes to short for that.
Seems he is trying to right the wrong be it a bit late ,
Violence will never solve it though it may make you feel better.

Lets hope its a big fat cheque

I'm pass that point of it eating me up, just pissed. Alot of bad sh!t was going at the stage. I thought of the baseball bat many times, but I annoyed the crap out of him for a very long time. He screwed a few people over on the western suburbs and then moved on to the eastern as a builder which didn't last long. He has a nice long list of people chasing him.

Hope it turns out OK and true mates.
On a joke side of things, that'll buy a few patrol goodies lol.

Tapatalked from S6
Ha-ha. I wish.
Have just dropped $5k today for my sons surgery on this veins.

I'm not expecting a huge amount, but if anything comes of this it will give some closure.

jay see
21st January 2016, 11:49 AM
Hope it works out for you. There are scum bags out there so lets hope this one turns himself around.

Don't I know it. I seem to find all the cowboys....:banghead:

mudnut
21st January 2016, 12:00 PM
Maybe he won't pay, or maybe he will (which I sincerely hope he does). As has been posted before, let it go, forgive him as I have found that takes a great deal of weight of your shoulders.

jay see
21st January 2016, 12:00 PM

I know its bullshit!t, but the prick never showed up, even getting papers served to him was an effort. The sheriff was even refused entry by him to an apartment in south yarra. He knew the law and played it well..

I think his wife is worried for their kids.

jay see
21st January 2016, 12:03 PM
Maybe he won't pay, or maybe he will (which I sincerely hope he does). As has been posted before, let it go, forgive him as I have found that takes a great deal of weight of your shoulders.

I have let it go and feel better for it, but there's no way that I'll forgive him. Payment or not.

mudnut
21st January 2016, 12:06 PM
Fair enough.

Hodge
21st January 2016, 12:52 PM
Did you not have a fencing contractor try and dick you over last year as well over a tire or something ??? Or was that someone else here ....

Tapatalked from S6

jay see
21st January 2016, 12:56 PM
Yeah, that was me, like I said.
I find them all.

Stropp
21st January 2016, 04:28 PM
good luck mate, i think most of us have been screwed its just the amount that varies.

BigRAWesty
22nd January 2016, 05:19 AM
I can see why he doesn't want to face you lol..
But seriously I hope it's a good outcome..

jay see
28th January 2016, 10:33 PM
Got a call from Alex tonight wanting to confirm my address, he's posting out money order tomorrow. We'll see.

BigRAWesty
29th January 2016, 08:04 AM
Got a call from Alex tonight wanting to confirm my address, he's posting out money order tomorrow. We'll see.
So not throwing a deposit on a Y62 just yet??

jay see
29th January 2016, 12:11 PM
Looks like he's coming good.
Money order was on the mail today. A small start, but its something.
Was thinking of getting him to deposit the rest onto my PayPal account or open another bank account just for this reason. What you you recommend.

jay see
29th January 2016, 12:12 PM
So not throwing a deposit on a Y62 just yet??

Nah, mate. Not now or later, too much other sh!t to take care of.

Winnie
29th January 2016, 12:53 PM
Looks like he's coming good.
Money order was on the mail today. A small start, but its something.
Was thinking of getting him to deposit the rest onto my PayPal account or open another bank account just for this reason. What you you recommend.
PayPal will charge fees to either you or him.

jay see
29th January 2016, 01:00 PM
PayPal will charge fees to either you or him.

You sure.
I thought they got rid of that. Fee free transactions to back account??

NigeP62
29th January 2016, 02:12 PM
You sure.
I thought they got rid of that. Fee free transactions to back account??
Paypal will charge you a fee when he deposits the money.
He can choose to pay the fee when he deposits but he doesn't have to.
Moving money from your Paypal to your bank account is free.

MudRunnerTD
29th January 2016, 02:20 PM
Just open a normal bank account and give him the number, link it to your existing bank accounts so you can transfer from it. Paypal is good if you want Buyer Protection but its pointless for this transaction mate, its all coming your way.