PDA

View Full Version : New to Nissan Patrol - not new to Jap

Svdwalt007
20th January 2016, 08:00 PM
Hey All,

New to forum, signed in to download a manual and told by warning msg I need to post 25 posts. Guess I won't get to that.

Bought a 4th hand Patrol Y61 GU 2008 3L DT. Nothing was done to it, was fairly std expect for new radio and front bull bar.

I like 4x4'ng, not too rough stuff, but gettting out there with a bit of a challenge and seeing outdoor sights, experiencing outdoor lifestyles etc...
Mountain bike, Trial bike ride in forests, hiking, beach fishing, now sea fish kayaking, so typical outdoor camel man.

Not joined any 4bee clubs, but would love to tag along on some out rides. Anyone got suggestions ?

Just bought and installed 2" lift kit. King coils. With Profender Smoothies, with 8 click damper settings, with nitro res. Awesome setup now. Rides really nicely and adjustable.

Looking at 3" exhausts.
Looking at good intercooler upgrade. Probably one with a 9" fan installed.

Trying out (actually looking at establishing the ANZ presence for an offshore OEM) a new Diesel Pressure as they call it "Chip" but since I'm an electronics engineer, it looks nothing like a "chip", would probably refer to it as a smart dongle/adapter or a dynamically adjustable CRD diesel fuel pressure controller.
Anyway, about to install and try it out. Will let you guys know how it goes thereafter.
Suppose to improve fuel efficience, improve kW and Torque. We'll see.

If someone could drop me the GU Y61 Workshop Manual in PDF or electronic soft copy, it would be highly appreciated ?

Would be happy to hear from fellow forum members about suggestions to upgrade Nissan Patrol GU Y61 2008 3L DT ?

Chat latta.

Sean (Svdwalt007)
Based in Sunshine Coast very near Noosa / QLD

growler2058
20th January 2016, 08:07 PM
Hell of a lot more to the forum than manuals mate. Welcome aboard hope you'll hang around. The manual file is HUGE

Welcome 24 new members and you're there for the post count mate

Sent from my iPhone using My thumbs

Avo
21st January 2016, 12:02 AM
welcome and you'd be supprised..thats all clunk,growler and 3 dogs came her e for...

Kimbo63
21st January 2016, 12:52 AM
Welcome mate stick around and you will find much more than the manuals just ask
Example you are looking to upgrade your inter cooler check this site http://www.are.com.au/Inter/topMountIntercoolers.htm

AB
21st January 2016, 05:39 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

threedogs
21st January 2016, 08:29 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum, jump in and enjoy

4bye4
21st January 2016, 09:10 AM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate.

Svdwalt007
21st January 2016, 12:21 PM
Thanks Kimbo63, I learnt something new already - thanks. Looked at the ARE www.
What's your opinion about the 7" after market strap on fan to force airflow at the lower 4x4 speeds ? instead of replacing intercooler ?

Svdwalt007
21st January 2016, 12:23 PM
Hi Growler,

Yeah replying to 24 new members is a good idea ;) Thanks for that.
Getting some vale already, and I will not put my snatch strap on the tow ball.

Svdwalt007
21st January 2016, 12:24 PM
Thanks Avo. Looks like a neat rig you have.

Svdwalt007
21st January 2016, 12:25 PM
Hey AB, thanks mate. I checked out yourPatrol parts. Like the Snorkels. I need one.

Svdwalt007
21st January 2016, 12:25 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum, jump in and enjoy

Thanks Three dogs.

Svdwalt007
21st January 2016, 12:26 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate.

Thanks 4bye4.

Kimbo63
21st January 2016, 02:33 PM
Thanks Kimbo63, I learnt something new already - thanks. Looked at the ARE www.
What's your opinion about the 7" after market strap on fan to force airflow at the lower 4x4 speeds ? instead of replacing intercooler ?
Only if you plan to do a lot of slow speed driving otherwise I think a fan will only restrict air flow IMO you are better off getting the bonnet scoop from ARE and leave in your standard cooler just follow the www and tape up the corners of your seal
Cheers Kimbo

Kimbo63
21st January 2016, 02:51 PM
Only if you plan to do a lot of slow speed driving otherwise I think a fan will only restrict air flow IMO you are better off getting the bonnet scoop from ARE and leave in your standard cooler just follow the www and tape up the corners of your seal
Cheers Kimbo

You can pick up the scoop direct from ARE for $588 their shop is in the northern suburbs of brissy just a short drive for you go have a chat to Val he's the expert on all things inter cooler
Cheers Kimbo

Dhuck
21st January 2016, 07:17 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Svdwalt007
22nd January 2016, 12:38 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Thanks Dhuck.

MEGOMONSTER
23rd January 2016, 01:33 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net.
If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.