PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Guys, but....

ova50
18th January 2016, 09:06 PM
Thanks guys.
I joined this forum about 4 years ago and knew next to nothing about Patrols.
I spent quite some time reading many posts & replies to hopefully learn something from you guys.
I picked up up lots of info, help and advice from you guys when needed, and not all solely related to Patrols.
Picked up a lot of other info & help from you guys on other subjects too.

Over the Xmas break my wife and I had a number of discussions about our plans, and how quickly things can change.
We purchased the vehicle for travel, however ongoing family issues have put an end to that. (for at least few years)
Sadly, we made the decision to sell the vehicle, which we have.

Hopefully I can still hang around here, despite being Patrol-less.

Thanks again
:cheers:

NissanGQ4.2
18th January 2016, 09:35 PM
Always welcome on here

Clunk
18th January 2016, 10:24 PM
Always welcome mate.... you've gotta do what ya gotta do

Stropp
18th January 2016, 11:35 PM
Yep always good to see your posts mate, hang around 😊

BigRAWesty
19th January 2016, 07:44 AM
Always welcome mate.
I'm about to be patrol ' less too to a point..
New one is the wife's lol..
Stick around. Enjoy the laughs..

So....
What did you buy??

threedogs
19th January 2016, 09:05 AM
Things can change ,hope you hang around

TPC
19th January 2016, 09:14 AM
I had noticed your absence lately, as the others have said, stick around and chat with us.
Get back involved in threads like "where is it" and the photo comp.
Don't need a patrol to have fun on here.

ova50
19th January 2016, 09:55 AM
The reason I haven't been on lately is due to not being able to access the site. Had contacted AB about it.
Ended up changing to "Chrome" but would also freeze up. I ended up doing a complete reinstall on the computers and now seems to be ok if I use chrome.

Have purchased a Turbo Subaru XT Forester for the Wife. I now have my old Liberty back that one of my sons has been using for the past 5 years.
Elderly parents has been the issue. A hell of a lot easier to get the oldies in and out of when doing the hospital/Dr visits.

mudnut
19th January 2016, 10:44 AM
I hope everything pans out ok for you. I had to go to chrome as well. It works way better but munches through the data a lot faster than explorer. Hang around 'cause this place can put a smile on anyones dial.

BigRAWesty
19th January 2016, 10:57 AM
The reason I haven't been on lately is due to not being able to access the site. Had contacted AB about it.
Ended up changing to "Chrome" but would also freeze up. I ended up doing a complete reinstall on the computers and now seems to be ok if I use chrome.

Have purchased a Turbo Subaru XT Forester for the Wife. I now have my old Liberty back that one of my sons has been using for the past 5 years.
Elderly parents has been the issue. A hell of a lot easier to get the oldies in and out of when doing the hospital/Dr visits.
At least it's not a Toyota. . Lol
its weird how different programs act with different sites..

ova50
19th January 2016, 11:05 AM
I am using Chrome in the "Incognito window" . Not sure whether it uses less data or not, but it works.

MyGU8
19th January 2016, 12:39 PM
I am using Chrome in the "Incognito window" . Not sure whether it uses less data or not, but it works.

The 'Incognito' does not store any cache (I think) therefore it's much faster and sometimes help with sites where you do not want the browser to read from the cache, which - I believe - most of the mobile versions do to save data usage.

dads tractor
19th January 2016, 03:15 PM

Phew thought you might have bought a Heep or worse a Toymota but Subbies and I've see them punch well above their weight division around Alice Springs and environs .Stick around and help the oldies out its called payback hey .

ova50
19th January 2016, 04:27 PM
Stick around and help the oldies out its called payback hey .

Ok Dad, will do. :cheers:

growler2058
19th January 2016, 07:59 PM
I've gone with Firefox now

Sent from my iPhone using My thumbs

dads tractor
19th January 2016, 09:31 PM
Ok Dad, will do. :cheers:

Good man, me tips me hat too you .