PDA

View Full Version : small purple light aftermarket warning light ?????????

markstevo
17th January 2016, 06:28 PM
Hi all, I purchased my GU patrol zd30 about 1 year ago and there was this small aftermarket purple dome light looks like a warning light near where my keys hang I asked the old guy I bought it off what it was for but he wasn't sure either as it was there before he purchased it. I can feel it has wires running too it but don't want to rip under dash apart to try and work out what its for any ideas what after market warning light would be for? I was thinking possible fuel/water filter light but can't find anything that resembles a aftermarket separator. Its just annoying me not knowing thats all I thought it might be a kit or something and someone else might have the same or similar light and could shed some light on what it could be.

threedogs
17th January 2016, 06:49 PM
does it have an alarm ???

markstevo
17th January 2016, 07:38 PM
Not sure6390363904

threedogs
17th January 2016, 07:55 PM
is the white part a switch >>>> like on off type

Yendor
17th January 2016, 08:07 PM
I would follow the wires and see where they go.

Bacho86
17th January 2016, 08:16 PM
Being after market the light could be for absolutely anything - battery isolator indicator, after market security alarm, coolant sensor etx

As yendor said you'll need to trace the wires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markstevo
17th January 2016, 08:16 PM
No it's just in behind the purple cover its not a switch at all.

Dr Gary
20th January 2016, 02:23 PM
It is a "blue ray" style sensor for an aftermarket cruise control. Basically picks up the signal from the cruise control switch and sends it to ????

paulyg
20th January 2016, 04:20 PM
I have the exact same thing in my Patrol, no idea what it does.

taslucas
20th January 2016, 08:03 PM
Maybe an aftermarket immobiliser?

>>>tappin from tassie

Clunk
20th January 2016, 08:43 PM
Maybe an aftermarket immobiliser?

>>>tappin from tassie
Yep that was my thought, immobiliser/alarm

threedogs
21st January 2016, 12:11 PM
Bumped

have you had a chance to trace the wires back yet??

Lemo79
29th January 2016, 04:53 PM
Looks to me that it is an IR receiver for cruise control. Would have been buttons stuck on the side of the steering wheel that use IR to communicate.

markstevo
13th April 2016, 12:59 PM
So I tracked wires the other day after getting the better of me I worked out its for aftermarket cruise control as some of you stated it is a warning light for low battery in switch module I googled the unit and thats what it told me about it.mystery solved