PDA

View Full Version : Truck side mirrors

Hardyards
14th January 2016, 09:06 AM
Hi all,
Been out of it for awhile due loss of job and family stuff, but back now! ( you know, if anyone noticed :tongue)
Just wondering if anyone has fitted the side mirror similar to picture to their patrol? I have a low mounted reverse camera and plan to fit a higher mount one, don't judge me to hard, I just like the look of these. And yes, I would put lights on them ( closet truckie)🙃

Cheers63831

BigRAWesty
14th January 2016, 09:20 AM
The only issue I can see is the top mount not having a flat spot to mount to which will make it difficult to move once all tightened up..

threedogs
14th January 2016, 09:20 AM
Not sure that style would suit a GU have you seen the Clear View range of mirrors??
Not cheap @ $800 a pair but look the part IMO

Hardyards
14th January 2016, 09:39 AM
"The only issue I can see is the top mount not having a flat spot to mount to which will make it difficult to move once all tightened up."
Yes, I will have to do my homework to see if I can fabricate a suitable mount that won't interfear with the door integrity. I'll also take a picture of my duel gauges for you to compare tonight, Kallen.

3D - very close to buying a second hand clear view mirror set, but I'll try to see if I fit the truck ones for looks first.

threedogs
14th January 2016, 12:02 PM
Would it be possible to fit 2 x rivnuts into the top of the door ,make it look neater too

happygu
14th January 2016, 12:16 PM
I'm with TD .... if you want that style of mirror, then the Clearview ones will 1 - fit easily, 2 - look the part and you can get them in chrome if you totally want that look, 3 - they fold back in the bush, 4 - they extend out if you need it.

http://www.clearviewmirrors.com.au/

Hardyards
14th January 2016, 03:41 PM
Would it be possible to fit 2 x rivnuts into the top of the door ,make it look neater too

Nice idea, I'll look into it thanks

threedogs
14th January 2016, 03:43 PM
Nice idea, I'll look into it thanks

Or nutserts depending what side of the river you come from,
Great for fitting any accessories,IMO