PDA

View Full Version : Is there any difference between Patrol forums?

Jonesy_sa
13th January 2016, 10:42 PM
guys,
I just accidentally posted the same thing across this forum and the other big patrol forum. I read more than post however is their any real difference between the two? Is one more for technical advice and the other 4x4, or is one quieter than the other, etc... They look equally good to me.
Not sure if we can discuss this?
cheers

Avo
13th January 2016, 11:07 PM
I'm only on this one so can't really comment..but i do like this one alot

Clunk
13th January 2016, 11:15 PM
The other one has been going for a lot longer, so no doubt has more info....... I havent posted on the other as I prefer winding up the mods and admin here

Avo
13th January 2016, 11:35 PM
The other one has been going for a lot longer, so no doubt has more info....... I havent posted on the other as I prefer winding up the mods and admin here

and it's good to see you gave them all a week off......Mr nice guy hey..

Clunk
13th January 2016, 11:38 PM
and it's good to see you gave them all a week off......Mr nice guy hey..
Aren't I just [emoji8]

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/01/157.jpg

Yendor
13th January 2016, 11:56 PM
Seems you have a different interpretation of "accidentally" to me....

I don't know, try posting this question on the "other big forum" and we will compare replies.

Jonesy_sa
14th January 2016, 12:03 AM
I posted then for the life of me could not find the post so reposted. Obviously I could not find it as I was looking on a different forum. That's what happens when you have too many tabs open.
Generally I post to forum of any genre if I know someone has great knowledge on the subject on that forum. As of late however its simply which ever forum has tapatalk access

BigRAWesty
14th January 2016, 04:51 AM
I find the blokes here a lot more welcoming and it's a much more Layed back forum here..
Great for a chat etc..
An absolute pick to and find info threw clunk and g man's 40 plus thousand posts of dribble lol..
I'm on the other forum but don't visit too often..

Bacho86
14th January 2016, 06:17 AM
When I got my first patrol a few years ago I joined up with both of the forums.

Personally I've found this place to be a friendly bunch of people with great knowledge and never ended up using the other site.

Plus the Melbourne chapter is very active and there are
regular trips and meet ups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taslucas
14th January 2016, 06:58 AM
I posted then for the life of me could not find the post so reposted. Obviously I could not find it as I was looking on a different forum. That's what happens when you have too many tabs open.
Generally I post to forum of any genre if I know someone has great knowledge on the subject on that forum. As of late however its simply which ever forum has tapatalk access
I guess if you're on both, read both and post in both you'd have more idea than most of us here.

tappin from tassie

jff45
14th January 2016, 08:09 AM
This forum stays more on topic and doesn't get polluted by the political and racist rubbish.
I also post on both forums.

MyGU8
14th January 2016, 08:19 AM
I am registered on both forums too, but didn't get a chance to post on the other.

For me, both forums have excellent knowledge.

This forums is very friendly but doesn't mean the other one isn't but I am active only in this forum.

At the end, forum is a forum, where you discuss things and share knowledge so if you can find the knowledge grab it.

On a side note I haven't seen a forum like FreeBSD anywhere else in the internet. Each post will be moderated (spelling, wording, references, etc.) and it makes a lot of difference when you search for particular information.

Cuppa
14th January 2016, 08:45 AM
When I got my first patrol a few years ago I joined up with both of the forums.

Personally I've found this place to be a friendly bunch of people with great knowledge and never ended up using the other site.

Same here.

threedogs
14th January 2016, 09:27 AM
Tried to enroll in the "THE OTHER" forum, got no response so emailed AB and he signed me up.
So far I have laughed [a lot] cried [a little], been angry and happy.
Some members here I now class as great friends.
Cant comment on any other forums as its taking far to long to get the hang of this one lol

Winnie
14th January 2016, 09:54 AM
I started out using the other forum, got sick of the attitude of a few of the members there, seems they wanted to make an argument out of anything.
Signed up here and the people seemed a lot friendlier and more keen to help out. Plus the Victorian members have heaps of meet ups too which is great.

TPC
14th January 2016, 09:56 AM
This forum is much better except there are too many bloody Victorians on here.

taslucas
14th January 2016, 10:13 AM
I started out using the other forum, got sick of the attitude of a few of the members there, seems they wanted to make an argument out of anything.
Signed up here and the people seemed a lot friendlier and more keen to help out. Plus the Victorian members have heaps of meet ups too which is great.
No you didn't. Prove it then. You're wrong. And you voted for the wrong prime minister

>>>tappin from tassie

threedogs
14th January 2016, 11:58 AM
This forum is much better except there are too many bloody Victorians on here.

Can we get a state poll going or do we already know the odds lol

happygu
14th January 2016, 12:18 PM
I was enrolled over there as I didn't know about this group, had an account but it wouldn't let me post or comment .... emailed a mod, and no reply ... oh well

taslucas
14th January 2016, 12:21 PM
I was enrolled over there as I didn't know about this group, had an account but it wouldn't let me post or comment .... emailed a mod, and no reply ... oh well
That's exactly what happened to me. After about the fifth email and three weeks later I gave up.

>>>tappin from tassie

mudnut
14th January 2016, 12:27 PM
This forum is better 'cause there's no smart arses on it.

Clunk
14th January 2016, 12:29 PM
I beg to differ [emoji12]

threedogs
14th January 2016, 12:40 PM
We have Clunk they dont I hope lol

BigRAWesty
14th January 2016, 12:58 PM
We have Clunk they dont I hope lol
Is that a pro or con??? ???

taslucas
14th January 2016, 01:01 PM
Have you been taking all my sarcasm seriously? Oh God...

>>>tappin from tassie

Avo
14th January 2016, 02:29 PM
Can we get a state poll going or do we already know the odds lol

i think we already had one,you might haver go for a look see and dig it up again so we can get it active 3D

Irish
14th January 2016, 04:38 PM
I find the blokes here a lot more welcoming and it's a much more Layed back forum here..

Shut up you!!!!!

the evil twin
14th January 2016, 05:01 PM
I use both forums and have noted the following differences;
One is a blue theme and the other is red;
One is definitely more relaxed about 'animated, passionate exchanges' sparking up between members and the other not so much.
One is better suited for trolling and the other for sarcasm;
One has advice gained from bitter experience the other has people who know their shit 'cause they made the same cockup;
One is more tolerant of dickheads like ; (preceding space deliberately left blank but you know who you are)
One leans slightly more towards mods and comps and the other leans slightly more towards touring and travel
Some users have the same name on both others do not;
Some users only use one Forum and some others only the other;
Some users post the same question on both and get the same answer (win);
Some users post the same question on both and get different answers (???);
Some users despise the other forum and other users despise the other forum; (that actually makes sense if you think about it)

I have a significant respect for many people on either Forum but for whatever reason I personally feel significantly more comfortable on this one and limit my posts on the other to pretty much the technical aspects only.

4bye4
14th January 2016, 05:27 PM
Some users post the same question on both and get the same answer (win);
Some users post the same question on both and get different answers (???);

Some users post the same question on both forums and get twice as many different answers.

foggs
14th January 2016, 05:55 PM

Same here, I thought I got banned or something, I've given up.

BigRAWesty
14th January 2016, 06:08 PM
Shut up you!!!!!
No

Some users post the same question on both forums and get twice as many different answers.
Sometimes you post the same question twice and still get no answers

Maxhead
14th January 2016, 06:28 PM
An absolute pick to and find info threw clunk and g man's 40 plus thousand posts of dribble lol..

Hold on, have you checked who the biggest dribbler is??

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=63839&stc=1

Winnie
14th January 2016, 06:50 PM

Fark me he's finally done it!

Maxhead
14th January 2016, 06:53 PM
Fark me he's finally done it!

Yep, wasn't going to be long when you're high as a kite..lol

Maxhead
14th January 2016, 06:54 PM
BTW, there is another following TD's footsteps

NigeP62
14th January 2016, 07:41 PM

Woohoo. ... a pissing contest.:first:

Maxhead
14th January 2016, 07:42 PM
Woohoo. ... a pissing contest.:first:

...and don't we all know it!

BigRAWesty
14th January 2016, 07:44 PM
Fark..
Over 100,000 posts... from just 4 people ..

rusty_nail
14th January 2016, 08:03 PM
Fark..
You'll be there soon big fella!!!

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

lucus30
14th January 2016, 08:30 PM
Signed up to both.

26 posts over there.
Just a few more of 1863 over here. I think the promise of pizza in AB's oven drew me in and now i'm stuck here.
Hotel California

Clunk
14th January 2016, 09:56 PM
Fark..

You'll be there soon big fella!!!

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
He sure will after all these posts asking questions about his new grenade

Clunk
14th January 2016, 09:58 PM
Signed up to both.

26 posts over there.
Just a few more of 1863 over here. I think the promise of pizza in AB's oven drew me in and now i'm stuck here.
Hotel California
The wanker promised me a Redback Rooftop Bag if I stayed......... but I ended up staying coz of the love man

the evil twin
14th January 2016, 10:08 PM
The wanker promised me a Redback Rooftop Bag if I stayed......... but I ended up staying coz of the love man

Really?... uummmmm... That isn't your body parts in "that" photo in the Pub thread is it?

Clunk
14th January 2016, 10:10 PM
Really?... uummmmm... That isn't your body parts in "that" photo in the Pub thread is it?
Maybe...... maybe not [emoji6]

mudski
14th January 2016, 10:11 PM
Do you ring AB up when your pissed and say i wuv you mate!
But you gotta taste those pizzas! Friggin awesome! Makes you forget for a while about those roof top bags.

NissanGQ4.2
14th January 2016, 10:26 PM
I only came here for the manuals and only went there to get some manuals, now that I have all the manuals I need my Patrol sits in the driveway unloved, I now drive a crappydore ( when it works ) and I use facebook instead cause its way better than both forums put together, so much answers and love in Patrol FB groups.

TPC
14th January 2016, 10:29 PM
I only came here for the manuals and only went there to get some manuals, now that I have all the manuals I need my Patrol sits in the driveway unloved, I now drive a crappydore ( when it works ) and I use facebook instead cause its way better than both forums put together, so much answers and love in Patrol FB groups.

Will someone moderate this guy, he used a bad word...F@#$book

Clunk
14th January 2016, 10:34 PM
Will someone moderate this guy, he used a bad word...F@#$book

oh fuck no

Clunk
14th January 2016, 11:39 PM
Do you ring AB up when your pissed and say i wuv you mate!
But you gotta taste those pizzas! Friggin awesome! Makes you forget for a while about those roof top bags.
Oh if only, but for some reason he won't give me his number

Jonesy_sa
14th January 2016, 11:39 PM
What are some of the better FB Patrol groups?

Avo
14th January 2016, 11:49 PM
this one has christmas lights in the festive season......344 days to go...yahoooeeeeeeee

Avo
14th January 2016, 11:50 PM

Boobs and Beer

the evil twin
15th January 2016, 12:04 AM
Face Book Groups are for people who are too stupid to work out how to register on Forums...

Win/Win I say...

Ibbo
15th January 2016, 08:53 AM
this one has christmas lights in the festive season......344 days to go...yahoooeeeeeeee
I hate those bloody lights. Scares the shit out me thinking i have knocked my drink over every time i accidently smash one!

NissanGQ4.2
15th January 2016, 01:00 PM

https://www.facebook.com/nissanpatrolcomau-225121800845041/?fref=ts

Best thing is no one uses it :)

lucus30
15th January 2016, 02:05 PM
https://www.facebook.com/nissanpatrolcomau-225121800845041/?fref=ts

Best thing is no one uses it :)

Well bugger me. Didn't even know about it

BigRAWesty
15th January 2016, 02:10 PM
Well bugger me. Didn't even know about it
It's sorta like an emergency site..
If Andy farks this place we all bail there lol

Softy
15th January 2016, 02:13 PM
The other Forum is my main one.. I find this one a bit boring, but i am always lurking and reading. It is amazing how much information there is collected between both sites. Then there is FB... But a lot of stuff i read on there i wouldn't take with a grain of salt. I mainly use it to stirr the TD42 boys up.... Like shooting fish in a barrel. :lol:

gf0012-aust
15th January 2016, 02:43 PM
registered on both

the other one is my main one - and thats really only because it was the first I started to look at before registering as a member
lurk on here, but tend to find that all the answers I want are on the other, and if they're newbies they'll post on both anyway - so you get the same answer basically in stereo

I'd agree that there are a few too many trolls and racists on the other one - but on ratio you have to look at the active members to realise that its running with that ratio and is not abnormal. I stayed away from all forums for about 6 months at one stage as I was getting fed up with the behaviour of some - so felt some time away from all was good therapy

I think I left this one because I copped some idiotic PM's from some muppet who wanted to carry on a bit - wasn't worth upping to the mods (I mod elsewhere so know the pain of being a mod at times) - so I de-camped

the "them vs us" mindset I find a bit tedious anyway - as both forums have their pros and cons. there's been and there are dickheads in both forums. all gets down to personal tolerance levels and how we deal with the issues individually.

selection all comes down to a game of two up really. :)

taslucas
15th January 2016, 03:09 PM
I don't think there's been any "us VS them" at all in this thread. It's just been keeping with the op of "is there any difference "

>>>tappin from tassie

Maxhead
15th January 2016, 03:14 PM
There's another forum??? lol

Winnie
15th January 2016, 03:20 PM

4WD ACTION . COM

Bwahaha

GUEY
15th January 2016, 03:23 PM
Posting to see how many posts I've got over here ;)

GUEY
15th January 2016, 03:24 PM
Not many I see...

gf0012-aust
15th January 2016, 03:28 PM
I don't think there's been any "us VS them" at all in this thread. It's just been keeping with the op of "is there any difference "

>>>tappin from tassie

wasn't suggesting that - it was an observation being made as there can be an opportunity for tribalism to take hold - and it last manifested itself around the time that P4x4 had site problems.

the mods in here checked that behaviour very quickly.

Yendor
15th January 2016, 04:48 PM

I do like the Christmas light :)

Yendor
15th January 2016, 04:50 PM
4WD ACTION . COM

Bwahaha

That's probably the only other one he's allowed on LOL

Winnie
15th January 2016, 05:15 PM
Nah I don't think even they would have him.

growler2058
15th January 2016, 05:16 PM

Bullsh1t!.

Maxhead
15th January 2016, 05:19 PM

Nah I don't think even they would have him.

Oi you two! Never been banned from any forum but I reckon I would have come close...bwhahahah

growler2058
15th January 2016, 05:20 PM
Oi you two! Never been banned from any forum but I reckon I would have come close...bwhahahah

I got meself banned from just commodores hahahahhahahaha

TPC
15th January 2016, 05:23 PM

You would probably get banned from here too if you were not a mod. :tease:

BigRAWesty
15th January 2016, 05:25 PM
Ain't that the truth bahahaha

growler2058
15th January 2016, 05:44 PM

Yup most likely

taslucas
15th January 2016, 06:26 PM
Haha! Fark how the hell did you manage that!? Nearly every thread is gloves off cage fighting

>>>tappin from tassie

growler2058
15th January 2016, 06:40 PM
Haha! Fark how the hell did you manage that!? Nearly every thread is gloves off cage fighting

>>>tappin from tassie

The mod clarebare sent me a pm telling me not to use the report function. So i replied with something like youre a cantankerous obnoxious turd so she slapped me with some infraction for moderator abuse hahahahaa. I didnt go there for a year then out of the blue i replied to the infraction/pm with some great expletives and the snot gobbler banned me. hahahahahhahaa. with a response, be gone fool hahahahahahaha. I must sign up again from the work computer and troll her/him again. Rekon ill do that monday

BigRAWesty
15th January 2016, 08:05 PM
The mod clarebare sent me a pm telling me not to use the report function. So i replied with something like youre a cantankerous obnoxious turd so she slapped me with some infraction for moderator abuse hahahahaa. I didnt go there for a year then out of the blue i replied to the infraction/pm with some great expletives and the snot gobbler banned me. hahahahahhahaa. with a response, be gone fool hahahahahahaha. I must sign up again from the work computer and troll her/him again. Rekon ill do that monday
Just get a VPN easy

LaughingBeagles
16th January 2016, 12:49 AM

Had the same problem so gave it away.

Tap tap tap

BigRAWesty
18th January 2016, 08:56 AM
P4x4 have dropped tapatalk..

mudski
18th January 2016, 10:34 AM
P4x4 have dropped tapatalk..
Just tried it now and it still works on tappa...

BigRAWesty
18th January 2016, 10:52 AM
Just tried it now and it still works on tappa...
Yea same story as when Andy farked up..
Can still use it but don't delete it..