PDA

View Full Version : Wa bush fires

threedogs
9th January 2016, 04:27 PM
Plenty of houses lost thankfully no lives and a historic hotel burnt
to the ground full of pioneering history that can never be replaced.,
Not sure how this one started but seems to be keeping the Firies very busy.
Hope everyone is safe or ppl you know in the area are safe, its just one of those things that
living in the bush bring.
Like the Great ocean rd fires all good for 6 or so years and ppl become complacent.
Hopefully thats the last of the bush fire but some how I dont think so,,,,
plenty of summer to come yet,,,,,,stay safe

EDIT;;; 121 houses lost

Kimbo63
9th January 2016, 04:40 PM
Yes threedogs bad news fire started by lightning strike

Kimbo63
9th January 2016, 04:53 PM
My mate hodgy who owns a patrol as well is a volunteer fire fighter down south is working hard in 40 degree + heat and strong winds firemans worst nightmare

the evil twin
9th January 2016, 11:35 PM
Very, very sad news as first fatalities (2) have now been confirmed and another person still missing.

Fire has intensified and threatening parts of Harvey Township.
Hope the guys and girls can get a good crack at it tonite and tomorrow in easier conditions.
Helitacs etc were grounded for a few hours this morning as too dangerous to fly the drops.
One of our local appliances was totally destroyed the other day but crew OK

Another bad fire down near Esperance and several more close top Perth

At this stage all appear to have been started by lightning and not scum bag arsonists.
More storms in the lower SW of WA this arvo and tonite

Clunk
10th January 2016, 01:21 AM
We were down in Busselton on Thursday and had ash falling. Smoke from the fire was pretty bad over Bunbury yesterday. There's a few evacuees staying at the caravan park we're at, it's not been a good situation for them at all and a can't even fathom what they must be going through. Hopefully the winds ans weather stay calmer so that the powers that be are able to get on top of this fire as soon as possible.

NissanGQ4.2
10th January 2016, 08:43 PM
Like the Great ocean rd fires all good for 6 or so years and ppl become complacent.

I very much doubt it, most people in all states are complacent period regardless of when their last fire was and rely on volunteers to safe them. If you live in a bush fire prone zone, you must always be self sufficient and never rely on your local volunteer or paid fire fighters 2 save you, as much as they would like 2 be everywhere when a fire breaks out and save everything from turning 2 ash unfortunately they can't be everywhere and even if they are in front of your house there is no guarantee they can save it.

Very sad news 2 hear of fatalities :(:(:(

Stropp
24th January 2016, 10:27 PM
Had a charity ride today in support of yarloop township , over 650 bikes turned up. A great effort and They have $26k raised but not a peep on the news but a bikini car wash got a run on the news ?

Some of the bikes at the halfway mark

howezit
25th January 2016, 12:01 AM
Lucky I recorded the news ;)
Although, seriously... pretty typical...

Kimbo63
25th January 2016, 01:37 AM
Good on ya Stropp awesome effort yes typical media won't have nothing to do with bikers think we are all outlaws lol

BigRAWesty
25th January 2016, 02:30 AM
Bloody good effort Stropp.
26 thou is a fair bit of emergency aid for the town..

Avo
25th January 2016, 08:45 AM
Had a charity ride today in support of yarloop township , over 650 bikes turned up. A great effort and They have $26k raised but not a peep on the news but a bikini car wash got a run on the news ?

Some of the bikes at the halfway mark

would have loved to catch up with you on one of these.....one day everything will fall in place

threedogs
25th January 2016, 02:24 PM
would have loved to catch up with you on one of these.....one day everything will fall in place

I would hate to say how many bike rode to broadford for the first Hells Angel concert in 83,
4 a breast from the Ford factory to Kalkallo easy about 20 Ks

Stropp
25th January 2016, 02:29 PM
I would hate to say how many bike rode to broadford for the first Hells Angel concert in 83,
4 a breast from the Ford factory to Kalkallo easy about 20 Ks

1982 TD, i was there, 7 of us on bikes from WA rode over :)

threedogs
25th January 2016, 03:25 PM
yeah sorry , stories I could tell from there , I rode with the Vigilantes at the time.{coloured}
Ball Bearing ran the show shit laughing now thinking of a few incidents lol

EDIT even picked the winner of the wet shirt comp lol

Stropp
25th January 2016, 05:00 PM
yeah sorry , stories I could tell from there , I rode with the Vigilantes at the time.{coloured}
Ball Bearing ran the show shit laughing now thinking of a few incidents lol

EDIT even picked the winner of the wet shirt comp lol

yes we had a ball, after broadford i rode to sydney sold my lowrider to my brother and went to america and bought 4 harleys :) good times