PDA

View Full Version : NATS Key .....

Sprock
6th January 2016, 09:39 PM
When I bought our wagon 6mths ago the central locking didnt work with the button on the key ring - if you unlocked the drivers door manually with the key it would unlock the rest as well, I replaced the battery in the remote and it worked for 24 hours then stopped so I gave up. Last week it got the better of me and I thought maybe it was a dodgy battery last time so I put a new one in it & it worked for a week and now stopped, has anyone had this happen?

2002 GU wagon 3.0lt , auto , piranha dual batteries , 3" lift , chip , needle & Dawes valves - just gettin started

bsteveo
6th January 2016, 10:54 PM
When I bought our wagon 6mths ago the central locking didnt work with the button on the key ring - if you unlocked the drivers door manually with the key it would unlock the rest as well, I replaced the battery in the remote and it worked for 24 hours then stopped so I gave up. Last week it got the better of me and I thought maybe it was a dodgy battery last time so I put a new one in it & it worked for a week and now stopped, has anyone had this happen?

2002 GU wagon 3.0lt , auto , piranha dual batteries , 3" lift , chip , needle & Dawes valves - just gettin started
I'm in the same boat champ, guy I bought my 4by off said he had the same issue and it didn't work for him either so maybe they're just dodgy.

Sent from my HTC_0PKV1 using Tapatalk

happygu
6th January 2016, 11:06 PM
I have never changed a battery - even after 4 years, and I use my truck all day every day

jff45
7th January 2016, 01:32 PM
I have never changed a battery - even after 4 years, and I use my truck all day every day

X2.. I bought a spare remote from Nissan in 2007 when I bought my Patrol and I've never changed the battery.
However, I've always been really annoyed that you have to be within an arm's length of the vehicle for it to work.
I'm guessing it's because the thing is so low powered to limit battery use..

threedogs
7th January 2016, 03:50 PM

exactly the same, I just use the key , no big deal.but would like to know reason why though.lol

Sprock
7th January 2016, 07:03 PM
Yeah bloody thing .

Sprock
7th January 2016, 07:06 PM
X2.. I bought a spare remote from Nissan in 2007 when I bought my Patrol and I've never changed the battery.
However, I've always been really annoyed that you have to be within an arm's length of the vehicle for it to work.
I'm guessing it's because the thing is so low powered to limit battery use..

Yeah my commodore works from across the state but this thing you have to be nearly nose to nose with it , another thing that pisses me off is as soon as the keys off the electric windows don't work - the Commodore you can take out the key and close the door, walk & away come back a couple minutes later & just flick the window button and the windows go up - the bloody patrol as soon as you turn the key off windows are dead I know it's only a small thing but it is annoying

jff45
7th January 2016, 07:26 PM
The windows blocking annoyed me to the point that I put a switch in the dash to power them without having to put the keys back in.

Sprock
7th January 2016, 09:58 PM
It's on my list mate don't you worry [emoji36]

bsteveo
7th January 2016, 10:11 PM
Yeah my commodore works from across the state but this thing you have to be nearly nose to nose with it , another thing that pisses me off is as soon as the keys off the electric windows don't work - the Commodore you can take out the key and close the door, walk & away come back a couple minutes later & just flick the window button and the windows go up - the bloody patrol as soon as you turn the key off windows are dead I know it's only a small thing but it is annoying

I know the pain. Jumped from the Commodore to the patrol and at times forget the Windows don't shut a short time after switching off the ignition. Found it handy in the commo especially on a hot day you can put the Windows down just by unlocking the car

MyGU8
7th January 2016, 10:48 PM
I am trying to understand the above conversation....

You got only two minutes to wind the window.....?

bsteveo
9th January 2016, 11:33 PM
I am trying to understand the above conversation....

You got only two minutes to wind the window.....?

You're only joking right ?

GeeYou8
9th January 2016, 11:41 PM
The battery in the remote for my 2001 GU2 lasted around 10 years.

Sprock
9th January 2016, 11:48 PM
Hmm Duno what's going on with it ....

mudski
10th January 2016, 12:17 AM
Common issue Adam. Mine did the exact same as yours. From a quick google search on the issue, chances were a new fob or battery for i wasnt going to be a permanent fix.
So i went down to JB Hifi and bought a Warlock kit for $90 and spent a whole 20 minutes or so installing it and i havent looked back since.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Sprock
10th January 2016, 09:02 AM
Shit hot mate thanks [emoji106]🏼

BigRAWesty
10th January 2016, 09:30 AM
I'm surprised all you guys have to be so close..
My 08 works from behind the house..
Roughly 30m and a stone home.. very happy with mine

BigRAWesty
10th January 2016, 09:32 AM
Common issue Adam. Mine did the exact same as yours. From a quick google search on the issue, chances were a new fob or battery for i wasnt going to be a permanent fix.
So i went down to JB Hifi and bought a Warlock kit for $90 and spent a whole 20 minutes or so installing it and i havent looked back since.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
I have that kit in the gq.. is a great bit of kit.

happygu
10th January 2016, 09:39 AM

The new ones with the remote integrated into the key work much better .... I can be on the other side of a football field and check to see if the car is locked.

The earlier ones were designed such that you had to approach the car at the right angle, or be virtually on top of the windscreen for it to work .. they were terrible, but it meant that you couldn't accidently unlock the car with your keys in your pocket from 40 metres away - not knowing and not watching .... the earlier ones made no sounds and had a really crappy indicator flash system, which meant that you had to watch like a hawk to make sure that it was doing what you wanted it to do.

jff45
10th January 2016, 01:13 PM

Maybe they finally listened to all the complaints :)

jff45
10th January 2016, 01:21 PM
If you accidentally unlock it and don't open a door, it will re lock itself within 30 seconds. My 2001 GU2 works that way anyway so there's no excuse for the appalling short distance unless it's power saving for the battery.

GeeYou8
10th January 2016, 08:48 PM
The interior light stays on for a few seconds too in a lot of late model cars, the electronics for the windows & lights is just something else to go wrong when you miles from help.
Also GU8 locks & unlocks accidentally with keys on pocket from 20 metres away, a bit less range would be good.
Graham