PDA

View Full Version : Good day from Kraków in Poland

sgt_raffie
6th January 2016, 05:20 AM
Just wanted to say hi to everyone on here. My name is Rafal and I live near Krakow in Poland (in Europe BTW ;). Found this place couple of days ago (been on the "other forum" for years) and I`m amazed by the wealth of knowledge here (especially the DIY section). Will definetaly be staying for longer and trying to chip in when I know what I`m talking about.
I drive a GQ (or a Y60 as it is known in this parts) with a TD42, high roof and the steering wheel on the right side ;) (at least for You guys). Not an awful lot done to the Troll, just a simple +2 lift and a snorkel. Planning a full rebuild soon thou (rust is a big issue here). Hope this gets through as the last thread I started dissapeared.
Anyway, just to keep it a bit more interesting, this is my rig:

AB
6th January 2016, 06:20 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Maxhead
6th January 2016, 06:35 AM
Cześć Rafal, Welcome back to the forum mate. Looks like you joined a while ago too

sgt_raffie
6th January 2016, 06:48 AM
Cześć Rafal, Welcome back to the forum mate. Looks like you joined a while ago too

Cześć Nisshead :D. That was nice..
Yep, joined just when I was moving back to Poland and sort of...forgotten about it in the "panic mode", trying to move a house full of stuff and 6 vehicles. I`m glad I found it again.

AB - I`m sure I will get to asking when I`m doing my rebuild. Will start a project thread but I`m not good with those. It will be a while as we have winter here now and the Patrol will not fit in any garage I have here.

Dhuck
6th January 2016, 07:08 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

JoeG
6th January 2016, 07:11 AM
Hi Rafal
Nice unit, and Poland a nice place to drive it
Hope your rebuild goes well
Regards
Joe

Winnie
6th January 2016, 07:19 AM
G'day Rafal, welcome to the forum.

MEGOMONSTER
6th January 2016, 07:28 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net.
If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

threedogs
6th January 2016, 07:55 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum, jump in and enjoy.

sgt_raffie
6th January 2016, 08:08 AM
Yep, already enjoying. Thanks for the warm welcome. I`m sure You like piccys (everybody does ;)) so here is a couple more. One of the Nissan doing some off-roading and the other one of an interesting Land Rover, which one day I will finish converting into a 4x4 camper.

Kimbo63
6th January 2016, 09:22 AM
Welcome mate nice truck:smiley_thumbs_up:

michaelgreeny
6th January 2016, 02:57 PM
Welcome to the forum mate! nice to see some action from across the globe.

4bye4
6th January 2016, 03:01 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate.

Travo
6th January 2016, 08:01 PM
G'day welcome to the forum

Travo

growler2058
15th January 2016, 06:49 PM
G'day, Rafal welcome aboard mate, love those high tops

Bigcol
15th January 2016, 07:39 PM
welcome Rafal, nice looking GQ

I also like the look of the forward control - is it series IIa - 109' or series IIb - 110' or the later version 101".............?????

Jonesy_sa
15th January 2016, 07:49 PM
Welcome!!! Poland you say! The polish have been converting Patrols with BMW M57's, something I'm very interested in.

sgt_raffie
15th January 2016, 08:48 PM

I also like the look of the forward control - is it series IIa - 109' or series IIb - 110' or the later version 101".............?????

Its the 101. The late version. Originally an ambulance for RAF in Cyprus I belive. To be an 4x4 camper. Engine and gearbox already changes (to 300 Tdi and disco box), extension done. Now it needs a good refurb and fitting the interior bits. Will be a while, as I want to do a Patrol rebuild first.

Welcome!!! Poland you say! The polish have been converting Patrols with BMW M57's, something I'm very interested in.

Yep, there are some people running these engines here (do to RD28 poor opinion). I will try to dig out some info for You. Here You have a gallery of some conversions:

http://www.fabryka4x4.pl/silniki-bmw.html?id=53

There is not a lot of info on this website as the sell the kit for it.

sgt_raffie
15th January 2016, 09:02 PM

Yep. There are quite a few Patrols with BMW motor in it. I will try to dig out some info for You, but it might be hard. There is a couple of garages in Poland that do these swaps and they don`t like to share the general knowledge :(. I`m quite sure someone is selling a conversion kit with a bellhousing adaptor, engine mounts etc. If You have any specific questions ask away here or in a new thread and I will try to gather some info.

It`s a 101, formerly RAF Cyprus, to be a 4x4 camper. It had an engine and gearbox change (300 Tdi and Disco box) and it was extended with side doors added. All it needs is dealing with rust issues, electrics and fitting inside. Will be a while thou, as I will be doing a Patrol rebuild first.

Bigcol
15th January 2016, 10:35 PM
It`s a 101, formerly RAF Cyprus, to be a 4x4 camper. It had an engine and gearbox change (300 Tdi and Disco box) and it was extended with side doors added. All it needs is dealing with rust issues, electrics and fitting inside. Will be a while thou, as I will be doing a Patrol rebuild first.

yeah, I realised when I had another look at it - the head lights
kewl beans though, rare as rocking horse shyte here for them