PDA

View Full Version : cruise control 97 GU ti patrol

altech
5th January 2016, 08:05 PM
Hi Guys, turn the Cruise control on the other day , nothing was happening , but the Cruise dash light flashing. any ideas whats Wrong ? regards Alex

04OFF
5th January 2016, 10:16 PM
Start with the easy basics first , check your brake lights are working confirming switch is ok

threedogs
6th January 2016, 11:12 AM
Bumped for the 12v guru's

altech
7th January 2016, 07:58 AM
Start with the easy basics first , check your brake lights are working confirming switch is ok

hi 04off, I think there are all working , But I have changed to Led globes on the Bumpers not long ago !!!!!!!!!!

threedogs
7th January 2016, 12:20 PM
Just for test purposes change the globes back, it may be the problem
even though I can't see how ,less resistance
When did you first notice the problem?

altech
4th February 2016, 09:41 PM
Just for test purposes change the globes back, it may be the problem
even though I can't see how ,less resistance
When did you first notice the problem?

Hi 3dogs, yep finally change the globes back to normal and Cruise control Works again cheers for the input regards Alex

the evil twin
4th February 2016, 11:34 PM
Very common problem with a very simple fix.
You need to put a ballast resistor across the LEDs to dump the floating voltage that develops via the CC.
This voltage makes the CC think the brake pedal is depressed

Yendor
5th February 2016, 10:04 PM
Glad to see you got it sorted, just for future reference was your high mount also an LED or a standard incandescent bulb?

Kimbo63
6th February 2016, 12:10 AM
Glad to see you got it sorted, just for future reference was your high mount also an LED or a standard incandescent bulb?
Hi Yendor
Pretty sure the 97 gu is the same as my 98 and come without globes in the high mount lights but not 100% sure on Ti model
Cheers Kimbo

Yendor
6th February 2016, 07:49 AM
Thanks Kimbo,

I'm not asking about the body tail lights. I'm asking about the single high mount brake light that is fitted in the top of the large barn door.

Maybe altech bulb has blown?

altech
6th February 2016, 10:25 PM
Thanks Kimbo,

I'm not asking about the body tail lights. I'm asking about the single high mount brake light that is fitted in the top of the large barn door.

Maybe altech bulb has blown?

Hi Yendor, all globes are working , the bottom ones on bumper where led and incandescent bulbs have replaced them . Now cruise control working again cheeers Alex

whiskerz
15th April 2017, 04:24 PM
Hi All, Ive had the same problem with the cruise control on my 98 tb45. I get the CC light in the switch but no joy when i try and set the speed.

i have checked brake light bulbs and fuses. I don"t know if it was coincidence(probably was) but about the same time it stopped working i had just replace the clutch slave cylinder..i Have checked the sender on the brake pedal . I really miss cruise control. any helkp from the Brains trust would be very much appreciated.