PDA

View Full Version : RD28 Injector Pump Swap

bov17
5th January 2016, 08:59 AM
Hi Guys,

I've got a 98 Gu Rd28 turbo and my injector pump seems its on the fritz. Its as though its got a miss at low rpm (under 2500rpm) so I'm looking to replace it however have been told I should replace it with a mechanical pump out of a gq rd28 turbo.

Has anyone done this before? What is involved? I would get a mechanic to do it however wanting to weigh up the pros and cons before doing it.

Cheers

SiberianPatrol
30th January 2016, 06:02 PM
I've done this on my 99 GU RD28Ti and it's a worthwhile swap. I had a local diesel shop do it and they did a great job. The only other thing they have to do after the pump swap is run a throttle cable from the injector pump to the accelerator since the factory accelerator is a fly-by-wire setup. It may not provide the precise tuning abilities that the electronic pump would provide, but it will be reliable and there are just 2 screws to easily adjust the fuel flow and idle. I've seen several RD28T's over here that have had the swap to mechanical pumps.

Dazzas
13th August 2017, 04:15 AM
I've done this on my 99 GU RD28Ti and it's a worthwhile swap. I had a local diesel shop do it and they did a great job. The only other thing they have to do after the pump swap is run a throttle cable from the injector pump to the accelerator since the factory accelerator is a fly-by-wire setup. It may not provide the precise tuning abilities that the electronic pump would provide, but it will be reliable and there are just 2 screws to easily adjust the fuel flow and idle. I've seen several RD28T's over here that have had the swap to mechanical pumps.

Hi,I've got a 99 2.8 intercooled turbo diesel it blew the engine up and I'v baught a 2.8lt turbo diesel from a 1997 model witch has the manual pump,what wires do I discard from the harness? as the original motor had the electronic pump

Wazazfromdagong
26th September 2017, 06:07 AM
Hi, could somebody tell me exactly which accelerator cable I need to use?
I also need some tips on the wiring. The rest is pretty straight forward.
Any advice is welcome.

jsawrey
4th November 2017, 11:16 PM
Cool thread not what I was looking for though