PDA

View Full Version : Erg cross over pipe Blown and have Egr blocked . . . Can I .......

ImRobboToo
2nd January 2016, 12:23 PM
Block the Egr on the manifold side. ?? I'm stuck in the Outback WA At the moment and wanting to know so io can continue home. End of Holidays and meant to be home Sunday.

Any help ASAP would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

threedogs
2nd January 2016, 12:31 PM
Have you blown the EGR cooler pipe????
Have you lost coolant??

ImRobboToo
2nd January 2016, 12:37 PM
No mate. It's the pipe going across the back of the engine block to the Egr . . . . We found we can MIG it up for now. If that fails, can I block it from the Manifold ?

BigRAWesty
2nd January 2016, 12:42 PM
No mate. It's the pipe going across the back of the engine block to the Egr . . . . We found we can MIG it up for now. If that fails, can I block it from the Manifold ?
I would block it at the manifold. You'd be loosing exhaust Gass out the hole instead of going threw turbo

ImRobboToo
2nd January 2016, 12:55 PM
Ok cool. We are putting the Mig on it now and seems to be holding so hopefully we won't need to block it.

Tapping it out . . .

the evil twin
2nd January 2016, 02:49 PM
Ok cool. We are putting the Mig on it now and seems to be holding so hopefully we won't need to block it.

Tapping it out . . .

Yes you can block it at either or both ends.
Most people only put the plate at the RHS because it is easier to access

ImRobboToo
2nd January 2016, 07:35 PM
Alls well that ends well. Glad the Mechanic was a boiler maker in a previous life Patched it up stronger than it was, and I'm now 6 hrs down the road. Another 8 hrs tomorrow and will be home. Thanks to all that posted so quickly. I was making a plate up as he did the welding (just in case and I could install it on the side of the road if the weld failed) Heading to the pub now as I think a well deserved drink is needed.

Cheers

Tapping it out . . .

growler2058
2nd January 2016, 07:38 PM
Excellent mate. Definitely worth a beer or 3

Sent from my iPhone using My thumbs

BigRAWesty
2nd January 2016, 07:45 PM
Good outcome