PDA

View Full Version : Evans coolant

jay see
30th December 2015, 11:58 PM
Has anybody used this or know of anyone who has.

http://www.evanscoolants.com.au/

threedogs
31st December 2015, 06:59 AM
AB knows a bit about it, there was a reason why you shouldnt use it,
Have a search there was a bit written on it not that long ago

AB
31st December 2015, 08:39 AM
I think it will probably work great but I was told by someone who used it that it was a bit of pain for topping up as you can't just use water obviously if touring.

Nothing stopping you carrying an extra bottle though of course.

Bloody expensive and I would be interested if anyone has had good results from it.

Sir Roofy
31st December 2015, 11:14 AM
Looked into this the only thing stopping me is the price for the product and the flush

mudnut
31st December 2015, 01:10 PM
I would love to use it, but to the my RB30 has a timing belt, which means I have take out the radiator every 80,000 to 100,000 ks. I did a bit of research and found the waterless coolant can sustain a certain percentage of water without any adverse effects if a small top up is required in an emergency.

jay see
31st December 2015, 02:06 PM
May be good in extreme conditions, but I think as long as you have a good working system it might be over kill here.

Don't think you need to top it up. Isn't that the whole thing about the system set and forget.

garett
31st December 2015, 02:45 PM
i did here that it raised you operation temp a little bit... how true this is i don't know. personally i'd go with a blue coolant if you want long lasting. i just stick with the green stuff if i don't use just corrosion inhibitor.

threedogs
31st December 2015, 03:27 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?18337-Evans-Coolant&highlight=waterless+coolant

Heres a bit more on the subject
Which would suit a 4x4 the HP or the HD ??
Might go talk to the boys at Bursons next year, lol

EDIT:::: think I saw Simons shorty in one of the ads
so maybe he's using it, but the Shorty is not a daily Driver

Whats the cost ????

the evil twin
31st December 2015, 03:51 PM
Just had a look at how much that shit costs these days... Strewth !!!!... that covers a few rad flushes and Coolant changes
Prob very useful for a racing, high stress useage.
Might be economical for a fleet operator or stationary applications but in a Reccy 4X4?

I also think that unless the engine has been designed or mod'd around higher operating temps IE ceramics, stainless etc then what is the point?
If you already have overheating issues then this won't fix anything, indeed it will run hotter still
If you switch an old engine to it then there is little point unless you acid bath everything to clean out the cooling galleries etc

I can see the benefit for new engines tho but best of luck with any warranty issues unless the manuf signs off on its use