PDA

View Full Version : Scangauge 2 ?

growler2058
30th December 2015, 06:33 AM
I cleaned the maf last night, disconnected the battery for 2 hours etc etc.
Driving to work this morning and the mileage as indicated by the scangauge has improved dramatically!!!
Is it too early to be excited? Do I need to reset the scan gauge? Everything else seems normal, boost, temperature, rpm

Sent from my iPhone using My thumbs

growler2058
30th December 2015, 07:41 AM
Actually I used to unplug it so it didn't sit in the sun on my dash board so I spose I don't need to reset it! Woo Hoo! Massive improvement in economy by the look!!

Maxhead
30th December 2015, 08:27 AM
I wouldn't go off the gauge personally, although pretty accurate I would fill up/drive/fill up again to full and work out the economy allowing % differential for bigger tyres, etc . ie. I'm 6% out on 33's

Hoping you get an improvement tho

….................... On the move

growler2058
30th December 2015, 08:38 AM
Yeah I normally do that and my economy has been shithouse at the bowser and the scangauge

Maxhead
30th December 2015, 08:39 AM
Yeah I normally do that and my economy has been shithouse at the bowser and the scangauge

Looks like you might get an improvement. What were you using??

threedogs
30th December 2015, 09:35 AM
What are your figures post MAF cleaning ??

NissanGQ4.2
30th December 2015, 10:56 AM
I would disconnect the battery overnight

then

Hit the scangauge with a big hammer

then

Burn the GU and go buy a GQ

:):):)

growler2058
30th December 2015, 10:57 AM
What are your figures post MAF cleaning ??
Just driving into work this morning around 11 LPHK

threedogs
30th December 2015, 12:49 PM

WOW thats good for a CRD, gotta be happy with that, maybe a little wood happening lol

Maxhead
30th December 2015, 02:21 PM

Can't complain with that figure. That's less then I was getting from mine brand new. I 'm up to around 12.5lph these days.. I might try clean mine, its nearly 4 years old now

BigRAWesty
30th December 2015, 02:25 PM
G man does the scan gauge read boost pressures and egts or are aftermarket gauges still needed for that stuff??

the evil twin
30th December 2015, 02:56 PM
G man does the scan gauge read boost pressures and egts or are aftermarket gauges still needed for that stuff??

MAP, yes. MAP is more relevant than boost anyway.
EGT, no, well not on a Y61. There is no OBD11 input to read EGT data from

threedogs
30th December 2015, 03:00 PM
This is where I mounted my Ecu-Talk .
@ Kallen my one reads boost and water
temp along with speed and a few other things.
Im in the proccess of fitting a 52mm water temp
gauge very soon

foggs
30th December 2015, 03:00 PM
Can't complain with that figure. That's less then I was getting from mine brand new. I 'm up to around 12.5lph these days.. I might try clean mine, its nearly 4 years old now

I hate you people right now, I still can't get mine lower than 16Lphk.. even after cleaning maf.

the evil twin
30th December 2015, 03:04 PM

Good numbers dude...

Mine used to get mid 10's too and from work but it was an easy drive.
If I hypermiled it and got the lights in my favour I could easily get low/mid 9's.
Record was 8.9
Vehicle returned almost exactly 12.5 LPH averaged over the 120,000 K's I had it while on lease
Chipped, 3 inch, 33's, EGR blocked,

Scan gauge was GPS calibrated to allow for tyres and regularly monitored against actual fuel to allow for the Chip.
The device was very accurate 'cept if I did a fair bit of sand work then it might be out up to 3 or 4 percent.

foggs
30th December 2015, 03:24 PM
Good numbers dude...

Mine used to get mid 10's too and from work but it was an easy drive.
If I hypermiled it and got the lights in my favour I could easily get low/mid 9's.
Record was 8.9
Vehicle returned almost exactly 12.5 LPH averaged over the 120,000 K's I had it while on lease
Chipped, 3 inch, 33's, EGR blocked,

Scan gauge was GPS calibrated to allow for tyres and regularly monitored against actual fuel to allow for the Chip.
The device was very accurate 'cept if I did a fair bit of sand work then it might be out up to 3 or 4 percent.

Seems I have to spend to save.. stuff it 3" exhaust is next mod for me then. Should take 2.5 years to pay off roughly.. seeing I'm looking at keeping the thing for next 5 years, might just be worth it.

the evil twin
30th December 2015, 03:48 PM
Seems I have to spend to save.. stuff it 3" exhaust is next mod for me then. Should take 2.5 years to pay off roughly.. seeing I'm looking at keeping the thing for next 5 years, might just be worth it.

I don't know if you want to hear this or not but...

There are thirsty CRD's and there are frugal CRD's and it doesn't matter what make of vehicle either.
One of our fleet jobbies (Navara) at work is a total POS and uses about 17LPH, it can just get from Perth to Geraldton with a tail wind.
One of the BT50's uses about 15% less fuel than the other BT50 and the Rangers.

If you have an MY12 and intend keeping it is out of warranty I would get the ECU done and not bother with a Chip.

threedogs
30th December 2015, 04:32 PM
I hate you people right now, I still can't get mine lower than 16Lphk.. even after cleaning maf.

First off take some of the sinkers off your shoe laces,

foggs
30th December 2015, 05:41 PM
First off take some of the sinkers off your shoe laces,

Can no longer afford shoes, but I do have BIG feet :)

Rock Trol
30th December 2015, 05:55 PM
foggs, is yours an auto or a manual?

foggs
30th December 2015, 06:07 PM
foggs, is yours an auto or a manual?

It's Auto.

BigRAWesty
30th December 2015, 08:32 PM
This is where I mounted my Ecu-Talk .
@ Kallen my one reads boost and water
temp along with speed and a few other things.
Im in the proccess of fitting a 52mm water temp
gauge very soon
Td can you clear codes etc via that setup? Or is that where the sg stands out?