PDA

View Full Version : Brake Rotors

IronVoid
29th December 2015, 11:02 PM
Well I took the rig up to Lancelin yesterday and had a lot of fun in the dunes and driving round on the beach, however I made the rookie mistake of not checking my wheels nuts before heading back home (to mandurah), when I was travelling down the freeway near the Whitford train station and I lost my left front wheel. I called RAC and was able to get some help getting my wheel back on and being able to coast it the rest of the way at 60-70kmh, but as you can imagine losing a wheel at 100kmh has absolutely f**ked my brake hub/rotor so I need to replace it.
Any recommendations?

MudRunnerTD
30th December 2015, 07:31 AM
Sorry to hear that mate. Glad your ok and your wheel didn't take out another car.

How old is your car? Did you have the Nussan indicators fitted? Hit them up and be angry as there was a safety recall on the GUIV and later.

Depending on the age and Kim's I would replace both front disks and would fit DBA slotted rotors.

IronVoid
30th December 2015, 08:28 AM
Yup, we were very lucky, the car in the left lane noticed just as it was happening and was able to back off slowing traffic behind us a little bit. It's an 03 series III.
I've seen the DBA slotted ones you're talking about and they're at the top of the list, but just unsure if they're any good, so thought I would check before forking over the money.

threedogs
30th December 2015, 08:33 AM
I drive the same as you ,mine is a 5/04.
Ive fitted dimple drilled and slotted rotors
with pads for about $100 a corner, IMO great
and would be better with braided lines