PDA

View Full Version : Engine light

Bhaf87
27th December 2015, 08:51 AM
Ok guys I know there are engine light problems here already but I'm not hugely mechanical so I need to go from the start.. My engine is a ZD30, the engine light came on the other day so going by the owners manual I checked for water in the fuel filter and replaced filter to be sure but light is still on and has serious lag until around 1500-2000rpm. Any ideas what I can try before it goes to the shop. Thanks guys

threedogs
27th December 2015, 09:11 AM
As much as Id hate to say it but disconnect the battery for a while to re set the ECU
and clean the MAF sensor.
Do you know what boost you are acheiving??

EDIT the MAF sensor is just next to the air cleaner box
you'll need a torx size 20 tool to remove it.
Spray over a white rags to see any dirt.
Sounds like you need to NADS your ZD30

Yendor
27th December 2015, 09:21 AM
If there's no water or air in the fuel system. The next step is to check for fault codes (DTCs). This can either be done by flashing the codes or getting someone like Super Cheap to read them for you.

GeeYou8
28th December 2015, 06:11 PM
Ok guys I know there are engine light problems here already but I'm not hugely mechanical so I need to go from the start.. My engine is a ZD30, the engine light came on the other day so going by the owners manual I checked for water in the fuel filter and replaced filter to be sure but light is still on and has serious lag until around 1500-2000rpm. Any ideas what I can try before it goes to the shop. Thanks guys
Does it shudder when you shut down?

Oversize
14th January 2016, 09:56 PM
When you remove the sensor don't touch the surface with your fingers, body oil will make it tell lies to the computer, AND you can buy MAF Sensor cleaner in a spray can from most Auto shops, instructions are on the can.

As much as Id hate to say it but disconnect the battery for a while to re set the ECU
and clean the MAF sensor.
Do you know what boost you are acheiving??

EDIT the MAF sensor is just next to the air cleaner box
you'll need a torx size 20 tool to remove it.
Spray over a white rags to see any dirt.
Sounds like you need to NADS your ZD30

Bhaf87
15th January 2016, 09:04 AM
So just to let you know what the problem was.. MAF sensor was faulty