PDA

View Full Version : Control arm bolts -GU

relyimah
26th December 2015, 08:18 PM
Hi all,

Anyone know where I might find new control arm bolts tomorrow (Sunday) or Monday (Boxing Day pub holiday)?

The ones on the passenger side are completely flogged out (pic) as are the holes but we can weld some steel washers to fix that part.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2015/12/189.jpg

Spewing as I was hoping to finally get her out for a run after a long list of issues. Theme the brakes I guess [emoji23]

Any thoughts appreciated...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigRAWesty
26th December 2015, 09:43 PM
Hey bloke. What's your location?
If in Melbourne Patrol-A-Part will stock them..

AB
26th December 2015, 09:44 PM
Hey bloke. What's your location? If in Melbourne Patrol-A-Part will stock them.. Not sure if there open Monday but definitely worth a call for sure.

relyimah
26th December 2015, 09:51 PM
They not back till the 11th. :(

relyimah
26th December 2015, 09:54 PM
And yes, in Melbourne.. Forgot to mention that [emoji106]

MudRunnerTD
26th December 2015, 10:16 PM
Your timing is terrible Ben!!! You will struggle I reckon mate as most bolt places will be shut I think. Certainly won't be open on a Sunday or public holiday. Good luck mate

Can you re tap the threads and refit them to get you going? Then replace just the bolts in a week or so?

relyimah
26th December 2015, 10:24 PM
Yeah I reckon, Darren!
Thought I'd do a bit of a look around before I went away and found this. Looks like they've been flogging out for a while now, so my own fault!

Issue is, to fix the holes I'll have to weld something on either side... And without fixing the bolts I'll just flog those out too.

Only thing I could do for now would be to throw the bolts back in, and hope for the best. And that's not good sport I don't reckon :(

MudRunnerTD
26th December 2015, 10:30 PM
Do you need 4 Ben?

relyimah
26th December 2015, 10:30 PM
Need 2 mate.

Other side is fine

MudRunnerTD
26th December 2015, 10:40 PM
Chatting with Brendo from Biders. He is heading into the workshop Monday to help a mate fit some beadlocks. He might even be heading in tomorrow to grab his car. He reckons he should be able to find some for you mate. Can you get to Biders tomorrow or Monday?

relyimah
26th December 2015, 10:41 PM
In a heartbeat mate.

mudski
27th December 2015, 03:08 PM
Theres nothing special about the bolt. Surely even somewhere like Bunnings would have something of the same size...

Also if you have welded on washers to the bracket, you may need slightly longer bolts.

relyimah
27th December 2015, 03:11 PM
Dunno mate. Decent size and length. Guess I can have a look... The old man is fixing the holes now so they are correct size again.

By the way I just realised I've been calling it control arm whole time... Meant radius arm...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2015/12/201.jpg

mudski
27th December 2015, 11:54 PM
Dunno mate. Decent size and length. Guess I can have a look... The old man is fixing the holes now so they are correct size again.

By the way I just realised I've been calling it control arm whole time... Meant radius arm...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2015/12/201.jpg

Ahh yeah mine has flogged out too. I just pulled the bolt up f.t. lol
I reckon those bolts can be had from Bunnings or similar. Something i need to fix too....

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

BigRAWesty
28th December 2015, 09:33 AM
It's a m16 bolt. Standard is a metric fine but a standard 8.8 will do. Just harder to get to correct torque setting..
Grab a 110mm and some weld on washers from threedogs.. if the bolt is that bad your holes will be stuffed to. Repair the lot in one hit to save trouble later

Edit. Just looked at your pictures.. that is stuffed. Definitely get the weld on washers.

relyimah
28th December 2015, 09:53 AM
Cheers westy. We built the holes up with weld and padded out with washers for now. Will get the "proper" bolts when I get back.

Leaving for a camping trip today but will be taking it easy