PDA

View Full Version : The gq power is back

timbar
8th April 2011, 10:20 PM
Finally after 4 mths of playing and stuffing around with my GQ and its finally running good i replaced plugs , distributor cap , leads , ballist resistor , coil , checked head , timing ,carby , gas converter , valves , valve springs ...................and do you know what it was ....... after pulling just about all my hair out and just about giving up on the best companion in my life besides my wife and kids ........... my ROTOR BUTTON the very last thing i checked .....YOU WOULDNT READ ABOUT IT !!

Finly Owner
8th April 2011, 10:29 PM
LOL at least your on the road again

timbar
8th April 2011, 10:45 PM
was never really off the road i was still driving it but when ever the revs got up to 2500 and above it would miss backfire and just loose all power had me bafelled for months i would have thought if the rotor button was at fault it would play up all the time

AB
8th April 2011, 11:00 PM
Don't you hate that...lol....Well done though, atleast It's sorted now though!

rkinsey
9th April 2011, 03:24 AM
Its always the last thing you check........

Bigrig
9th April 2011, 06:40 AM
Top job and well done on the persistence mate!! Can you take all the stuff back for refunds now?? LOL!!!

Silver
9th April 2011, 09:33 AM
did that fancy spring mechanism on the top of the rotor button fail in some way? The one that is meant to limit revs over 5k?

I run on petrol but am thinking of getting one of those extended rotors from down South.

growler2058
9th April 2011, 11:02 AM
Mate at least you know the electrics are up to standard now.

Clunk
9th April 2011, 02:02 PM
nice work there timbar, could to hear you finally found the fault mate

big_fletch
9th April 2011, 02:16 PM
What a bugga mate, least u have found it now though..
No more pulling out hair lol

timbar
9th April 2011, 05:57 PM
thanx guys so releived now im quite happy to go off road again !!!!

boggy2006
9th April 2011, 10:15 PM
Glad you got the problem sorted. I'd better go and check it, but first, what is a rotor button?

timbar
9th April 2011, 10:22 PM
rotor button is a part inside the distributor that suplys the spark to the leads to the spark plugs !!

nowoolies
10th April 2011, 12:45 PM
now ready to go play ..................hay
time to organise a beach trip up past your way
wotyarecon mate

timbar
10th April 2011, 01:37 PM
yeah mate for sure

Maxhead
10th April 2011, 01:43 PM
Finally after 4 mths of playing and stuffing around with my GQ and its finally running good i replaced plugs , distributor cap , leads , ballist resistor , coil , checked head , timing ,carby , gas converter , valves , valve springs ...................and do you know what it was ....... after pulling just about all my hair out and just about giving up on the best companion in my life besides my wife and kids ........... my ROTOR BUTTON the very last thing i checked .....YOU WOULDNT READ ABOUT IT !!

Look on the bright side mate, at least you're up and running and have a few new bits in the truck now..lol

timbar
10th April 2011, 01:47 PM
yeah 4 months of constant headache was the part i hated the most and then it was just an easy 2minute jobe with a $42 part jeeeez the amount of times i just wanted to set a match to it but i just saw that NISSAN badge on the grill it said KEEP GOING ITS GOTTA BE SIMPLE is wat got me