PDA

View Full Version : Serpentine belt ZD 30

P51
20th December 2015, 07:56 PM
How do i put a Serpentine belt on a ZD 30

the evil twin
20th December 2015, 11:36 PM
Route the belt thru the A/C , Crank, Alt and Power Steering as best you can then back off the tensioner and slide the belt under the tensioner pully.

A socket breaker bar is usually the best tool to 'unload' the tension so you can get the belt on.

BillsGU
21st December 2015, 10:19 AM
I use a ring spanner on the tensioner and then use a ratchet strap that fits its hook into the other end of the ring spanner. The opposite end of the strap is wrapped around the passenger wheel. That way I can open the tensioner, lay under the Patrol and then easily move the belt into position.

Oversize
14th January 2016, 10:02 PM
Use the nut in the center of the tension pully arm, not the nut that bolts it to the engine. It is a different size. Put tension on it and hold it for a few seconds and wait for the tensioner to 'give'. Its not an instant response.
And, make sure the belt is aligned correctly on all pullies before you start the car. Best to go with gravity and set the ones at the top first.

Col.T
9th February 2016, 06:54 PM
G'day all,
looks like I may be up for a new belt on mine fairly soon, (08 CRD).
I thought you had to remove the radiator shroud with all the fritzing around that involves to get at it.
Not so?????
Also thought it was necessary to keep tension on the tensioner spanner/socket while doing the replacement, inferring a bit of danger if it slipped.
Not so?????
I've got a pit so access underneath isn't a prob.
Cheers,
Col.

Woof
9th February 2016, 07:18 PM
How do i put a Serpentine belt on a ZD 30

Don't know.........................try posting up an introduction as that would have to be the rudest post I have seen here so far

GeeYou8
9th February 2016, 07:18 PM
From memory I did it with just the lower section removed from the shroud.
I did remove the complete shroud when I replaced the radiator, it wasn't that hard to do, changing the belt when the radiator is out was easy.

the evil twin
9th February 2016, 07:27 PM
snip... that would have to be the rudest post I have seen here so far

We can easily fix that for ya Fido... how much higher would you like us to raise the Bar?

P.S. Dang it is hot

Clunk
9th February 2016, 08:00 PM
Don't know.........................try posting up an introduction as that would have to be the rudest post I have seen here so far
Are you sure about that? [emoji12]

mudski
9th February 2016, 08:20 PM
From memory I did it with just the lower section removed from the shroud.
I did remove the complete shroud when I replaced the radiator, it wasn't that hard to do, changing the belt when the radiator is out was easy.
From my recollection it goes on the same way you take it off. Lol

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

BigRAWesty
10th February 2016, 02:26 PM
From my recollection it goes on the same way you take it off. Lol

Thanks insteine

mudski
10th February 2016, 07:13 PM
Thanks insteine
Who's Insteine? Any relation to Einstein? [emoji1]