Bush Ranger
20th December 2015, 09:36 PM
Wish lotto was as easy to win.

Chubba
21st December 2015, 06:08 AM
Same same in SA

Bob
21st December 2015, 07:18 AM
I don't think that double Demerit Points apply in Victoria but I stand to be corrected.

Have made enquiries with Vic Roads via email and will post result here

jay see
21st December 2015, 09:11 AM
Is that in VIC as well as NSW? Always in NSW but not often here in VIC

Pretty sure that its a thing that they do over the holiday period in Vic.

Winnie
21st December 2015, 10:41 AM
Pretty sure that its a thing that they do over the holiday period in Vic.
I don't think it applies in Vic.
But the more people who think it does, the better.

threedogs
21st December 2015, 10:46 AM
Simple keep your Patrol as legal as you can dont paint it flouro Yellow and stick to the speed limit.
Remember a lot of PART-TIME drivers take to the roads this time of year.
Be respectful of others on the road and more importantly enjoy the break with your loved ones
and we''ll see you back here next year.

the evil twin
21st December 2015, 11:13 AM
Double demerits should also include double the fine then it would be a darn sight more effective.

hotcahoona
22nd December 2015, 08:15 AM
I agree with three dogs why attract attention to yourself, do the right thing and stay safe. Have a safe and happy Xmas.

threedogs
22nd December 2015, 02:23 PM
After your weekend away 4x4ing make sure you clean your headlights ,tail lights and number plates.
Leave them dirty and you are asking for trouble

ForgeCreekFerals4x4
22nd December 2015, 02:43 PM
i thought double demerits were in force in vic? not that it bothers me, the big poo is a touring spec wagon, I dont speed, and my bush pig is parked up until christmas and new year are over haha :smiley_thumbs_up:

janderson
22nd December 2015, 04:54 PM
double demerits in Vic was rejected in 2010, dose not happen in Vic.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/plan-for-double-demerit-points-rejected-by-victorian-government/story-e6frf7jo-1225815363767

jay see
23rd December 2015, 05:05 AM
double demerits in Vic was rejected in 2010, dose not happen in Vic.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/plan-for-double-demerit-points-rejected-by-victorian-government/story-e6frf7jo-1225815363767

Well there you go. Thanks janderson.

Still better to keep your cash.
Stay safe peoples. Happy travels.

Punderhead
24th December 2015, 08:13 AM
Double demerits should also include double the fine then it would be a darn sight more effective.

I actually disagree, a double the cash would just be more revenue raising.

But take the fact that a good many tickets are worth 3 points, make it 6, and that's half your licence gone in one go!

Considering many people need their license for a job, and many loose their jobs alongside their licences, it is a big deterrent.

When I lost my licence I wish I could have paid double the fine and kept it, but not the way it works.

Only my opinion though!

Stay safe on the raids everybody!

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clunk
24th December 2015, 09:47 AM
Nah big fines are a deterrent, especially over the Christmas period when money is usually a bit tight

the evil twin
24th December 2015, 11:56 AM
Nah big fines are a deterrent, especially over the Christmas period when money is usually a bit tight

Yep, and unlike the points you don't get the money credited back after 2 years.

Double D's don't work ('cept in Bra sizes) on anyone other than serial shit drivers who will probably drive on a suspended licence anyway.
As much as it pains me to say so Kudos to Victoria for realising it and shitcanning the idea.

Clunk
24th December 2015, 12:10 PM
Yep, and unlike the points you don't get the money credited back after 2 years.

Double D's don't work ('cept in Bra sizes) on anyone other than serial shit drivers who will probably drive on a suspended licence anyway.
As much as it pains me to say so Kudos to Victoria for realising it and shitcanning the idea.

plus you have that double or nothing nonsense and exemplary license for those who manage to wangle the system by saying that it will affect your livelyhood by not having a vehicle to get too and from work..................