PDA

View Full Version : How many flat tyres approx you think you've had ???

threedogs
19th December 2015, 01:15 PM
Had the troopy for 20yrs /400Ks and cant remember getting a flat
Had the Patrol for 6yrs and only flat was staking a tyre with a
screwdriver on hard rubbish day, so all up I flat in 26 yrs
Is that a record,

BigRAWesty
19th December 2015, 05:21 PM
We had maybe a dozen puncher in half a million k's.
But one that really stands out was my first trip into Adelaide on my learners.
In the patrol.
First drive.
First time in the big smoke.
First set of traffic lights..
As I was taking off..
First blow out.

Never forget that day. Scared the fark out of me lol

garett
19th December 2015, 05:29 PM
not while i was driving so far been or returned to a flat/soft tyre maybe 6 times in 15 years

Winnie
19th December 2015, 05:54 PM
3 or 4 for me and they were all offroad with low tyre pressures.

Maxhead
19th December 2015, 06:00 PM
I could be close to TD here

Last four 4wd's I've only managed to get one flat on my last Patrol on the standard D693, that was a good excuse to upgrade..LOL

lucus30
19th December 2015, 06:06 PM
Hmmm I've had 2 on road punctures that were repairable on my commodore

On the patrol I've blown the bead good and proper twice. Bit of stuffing around to reseat it and good as gold after that
On my old rims and tyres combo i was getting mud in the bead and getting slow leaks pretty much every trip

NigeP62
19th December 2015, 06:37 PM
Working on building sites I've had my share of nails in tyres.
None on my Patrol since I've had it until I saw this thread. Just been out to check the chooks and ducks survived the heat of the day, walk past the Patrol and front right is flat.
Pumped up and can't see anything. Only checked the pressures and topped up yesterday.

jay see
19th December 2015, 10:44 PM
Ha, 3 in three weeks.
Well there the latest ones.

lhurley
19th December 2015, 10:57 PM
Ours seem to come in waves. Won't get any for a little while then all of the sudden will get 1 on each car. I think between me and the missus we have had 4-5 punctures this year. Bloody annoying I can tell you that.

taslucas
20th December 2015, 06:21 AM
One blow out in the commy 6 months ago. Just got off the ferry from buying the car in Melbourne. Was getting up to speed in a slip lane and bam! Combination of camber wear, rough pot hole section and bugger all give in a 20". I have a slow leak in the patrol front from around the bead but it only loses about 15 psi in a month. Other than that, no flats or blow-outs ever

tappin from tassie

Bacho86
20th December 2015, 06:28 AM
For a while every trip out to bunyip I was getting mud in the rims causing the tyres to loose all pressure the next day! I've also had 3 punctures in my work Ford Kuga over 12 months... Either very weak tyres from factory or just plain unlucky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patrol'n
20th December 2015, 11:09 AM
1 flat on an old Gemini, fixed with a tyre plug, 1 flat on my old XD Falcon, also fixed with a plug, neither that big a deal in terms of inconvenience.

Towing my trailer one day a long time ago, looked behind in the rear view and there were bits of black flying through the air, when I stopped to check the load thinking something had come out of the trailer I found most of the tread had torn apart and flown off!

The really annoying one was a sidewall on a done up Gemini when I was a young bloke, copped a massive screw in it from a building site that ripped the belt apart on the inside and stuffed the (expensive low profile) tyre, that was less than a week old...

mudski
20th December 2015, 06:08 PM
One since owning the GU. And Mudrunner fixed it on the side of the track. Lol

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk