PDA

View Full Version : Wiper & washers staying on

Semmo
19th December 2015, 12:52 PM
Hi all
Driving home from the shop yesterday and my wipers & washers came on by themselves, had to pull the fuse to stop them, I've read a bit on here, now thinking it could be wiper amp module. Vehicle is a 12/2008 GU TI wagon, trouble is I can't find where the module is located. Anyone tell me where it is pic would be great I've looked on the inside guard near the batt no luck, thanks

Hodge
19th December 2015, 12:57 PM
G'day mate. This happened to my CRD 2009 GU as well. From memory Nissan replaced something called wiper amplifier ? somewhere behind the covers near the battery... When mine turned on, by them selves I heard continuous clicking under the hood, and pulled the fuse.
Nissan fixed it under warranty, so I don't know much about it, or how much it costs etc.....
This is as much as I remember as this was way back in early 2013.

ForgeCreekFerals4x4
6th January 2016, 02:18 PM
thats the opposite to mine, which have decided not to work at all haha

Yendor
6th January 2016, 07:39 PM
The wiper amp in the GUs is part of the wiper switch.

A short to ground in the Blue wire with a Yellow trace that runs to the washer bottle pump will also cause both the washer and wipers to come on by themselves.

ForgeCreekFerals4x4 have you checked for a blown fuse?

Semmo
7th January 2016, 08:29 AM
Thanks Yendor I will check that out, sounds like I need a new switch.

garett
7th January 2016, 11:17 AM
i had rats chew through this in my gq. i rewired it. grrr rats...

check the wires first its the cheaper fix

Oversize
14th January 2016, 09:33 PM
While on the subject of wipers, my front wiper water pump wont work. Rear one is fine. Any ideas? No I haven't looked at the destruction man-ual.

BigRAWesty
14th January 2016, 10:56 PM
Patrols run 2 seperate pumps..
Un bolt the tank, swap the stuffed pump out and re fit