PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone.... I am gombada from Namibia

gombada
8th April 2011, 07:32 PM
i have just joined this forum that i came across whilst searching for a part for my Nissan Patrol.

i am from Namibia, from Windhoek. I am driving my second nissan patrol that i recently had and accident with and had damaged the cooler/radiator. i am not so knowledgeable about cars...

The the guys who know these things tell me that there are apparently some pipes that carry automatic transmission fluid from the gearbox through the cooler, that must have been damaged, so as a result of that, the water somehow entered the gearbox and did some bad things.

I didn't know this, so i kept driving the car until i started noticing that some gears were gradually missing a grip, and until the vehicle just stopped moving forward one day.

I joint this forum so that i could reach out to a broader patrol community and just maybe somebody could help me or advise me on the problem i am sitting with.

I have used up my options searching for a gearbox in Namibia and even in South Africa neighboring us, and i seem not to find anything out there.

Please assist and thank you in advance.

regards,
gombada

Clunk
8th April 2011, 07:45 PM
g'day Gombada, welcome to the forum. I'm sure someone will come on and be able to assist you shortly.

growler2058
8th April 2011, 08:04 PM
Gday Gombada theyre a good mob here thatll be glad to help you out with your questions

AB
8th April 2011, 08:13 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

YNOT
8th April 2011, 08:21 PM
Welcome to the forum Gombada.

Tony

Finly Owner
8th April 2011, 11:05 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Gombada

Tim

DX grunt
8th April 2011, 11:29 PM
G'day mate. Welcome to the forum.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

timbar
8th April 2011, 11:38 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard join in and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Bigrig
9th April 2011, 06:56 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it. Enjoy!!

Dhuck
9th April 2011, 09:27 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

wildgu6
9th April 2011, 01:43 PM
Welcome aboard buddy,
Great bunch of people here with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.
Good luck with your search, not sure whether this will help, but worth a look
http://www.autosource.com.au/4wd-wreckers.php

Hope you have a great 2011.
stay safe & Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete

big_fletch
9th April 2011, 01:48 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Fletcha

WHITEGQ
9th April 2011, 03:19 PM
Hi, welcome to the forum mate.

Maxhead
10th April 2011, 01:37 PM
G'Day and Welcome to the forum gombada

gombada
13th April 2011, 07:40 PM
Wow, this forum is certainly alive. it's good to be here.

Bob
14th April 2011, 07:42 AM
Welcome Mate Join in and enjoy

my third 256
15th April 2011, 07:31 AM
Welcome to the greatest bunch of people
and happy to help

Nobby
15th April 2011, 08:11 AM
Wow, this forum is certainly alive. it's good to be here.

Welcome to the forum Gombada.

It certainly is. I joined yesterday and already have been helped with problems.
very friendly and helpful.

Dark 1
16th April 2011, 08:53 AM
Welcome mate, have a poke around & join in when your ready.

Warnie
18th April 2011, 09:37 AM
i have just joined this forum that i came across whilst searching for a part for my Nissan Patrol.

i am from Namibia, from Windhoek. I am driving my second nissan patrol that i recently had and accident with and had damaged the cooler/radiator. i am not so knowledgeable about cars...

The the guys who know these things tell me that there are apparently some pipes that carry automatic transmission fluid from the gearbox through the cooler, that must have been damaged, so as a result of that, the water somehow entered the gearbox and did some bad things.

I didn't know this, so i kept driving the car until i started noticing that some gears were gradually missing a grip, and until the vehicle just stopped moving forward one day.

I joint this forum so that i could reach out to a broader patrol community and just maybe somebody could help me or advise me on the problem i am sitting with.

I have used up my options searching for a gearbox in Namibia and even in South Africa neighboring us, and i seem not to find anything out there.

Please assist and thank you in advance.

regards,
gombada

Hey Gombada, Welcome mate.

I had the same problem with my first patrol. It would be just driving along and then would just skip a gear and rev out. The ATF pipe broken inside the radiator and a nice milky mix of ATF and coolant went through both systems. I just replaced the Radiator and then flushed the gearbox. It took about 3 complete flushes of the gearbox to get it right again and I did not have any more problems with it after that. Are you able to get a new radiator or the one you currently have reconditioned/fixed?

Cheers Adam

mrcrazydude
20th April 2011, 08:30 PM
Welcome and good luck finding what you need

patch697
3rd May 2011, 06:52 PM
To all new members & those member who have joined in the last 4 months I'd like to introduce myself

Hi all my name is Paul (patch697) & I am the Super Moderator here on the forum. I have been away for a spell & there will be a lot of new members who haven't met me yet so I'd like to extend a worm welcome from myself to you all & if you have any question or need any help don't hesitate to ask.

I hope you all enjoy the forum.

Cheers
Paul