PDA

View Full Version : i'm new and i need to know what these things are!

sahloul
18th December 2015, 07:06 AM
hello and greetings from half way across the world :D
I have a 1994 GQ Y60 4.2 Diesel, naturally aspirated LWB, had it for about a year, runs smoothly to be honest (except for black smoke when i push hard on the gas pedal when in nutral or even while driving, but i'll get to that later since that's not what i'm here for :p )
i am here because i want to know what these things are since they are driving me insane, and i want to know what they are!!! i'm no patrol expert but i know a few things but these things are in my car and i don't know what they are it's kinda annoying to be honest (doesn't keep me up at night but still :p ) before i get started, things might look messy but i intend to clean it asap so don't judge me :D
first of all, under the bonet
this is attached to the hood
and it goes to here
and since we are still under the hood, could someone tell me what is this!
now to the inside, these are under the steering wheel, i'm guessing some sort of remote starter but i don't have a key for it, and the white plastic thingy was behind the ignition switch originally but was removed when i fixed the ignition and got a new key, the old one kept jamming and wouldn't turn easilly for some reason,
so what are these!
i will be checking the topic regularily to see if someone asked me something and i would answer them and hopefully i would be able to sleep better at night! :D
thank you guysq soo much in advance
Edit: btw, the white plastic ring, the green LED never turns on (perhaps it's not connected :/ ) and the switch doesn't seem to do anything and the box doesn't have any indication that it's alive, no lights, sounds, ticking, nada!

MudRunnerTD
18th December 2015, 07:43 AM
Nissan are famous for using the same look for all models variants . So a DX will have a full Ti look with the plugs just hanging off the car. They could be anything, I would not worry about them though. Yours looks like a Left hand drive model too. That first pic could be the air sensor plug for the fuel filter on a right hand drive model as that is where the fuel filter is on a right hand drive.

The one under the dash with the LED I would say is after market and could be part of an alarm or something.

Guessing on everything above but that would be my thoughts.

sahloul
18th December 2015, 08:05 AM
yes it is a left hand drive, and the fuel filter is on the other side, the weird thing is that i looked at the manual, and never came across the thing in the first picture, not even once, it still seems a bit weird to wrap my head around the idea of having stuff that does nothing, it's like having a switch in your house that does nothing, wouldn't you wanna know what it does :p
and yeah, i'm guessing the same for the black box, some sort of alarm or something, still waiting on confirmation but if it is, that would be nice, i'm kinda broke now :p but i'll save up some money and take it to one of those who install them and perhaps he can programme a key for it :D
i should mention it's a gulf standard Y60 (imported from saudi arabia originally and it's now in tunisia :) )
thanks for your response mate :D (look at me i'm already brushing up on my australian english :p

Fox7
24th December 2015, 03:49 PM
Seems like,
1st pic - under hood work light bulb holder
2nd pic - under hood work light wiring
3rd pic - dont know, kind of a pressure switch
4th pic - dont know
try to find switch for work light on frame, which is forward of radiator.