PDA

View Full Version : Tunit Chip - Double checking where it goes

LaughingBeagles
17th December 2015, 07:12 PM
Hi all,

I just got my Tunit Chip delivered today and it's about as easy as it comes to install. Here's the complex installation guide:

1. Remove the vehicle engine cover Allow your engine to cool and then remove the cover if it has one.
2. Original plug is unplugged Find the location of the plug using the instructions provided. Disconnect the original plug and connect the Tunit harness.
3. Secure Harness and Tunit Secure the Harness and Tunit in place using the adhesive strips and cable ties, refit the engine cover and close your bonnet.
4. Enjoy! Test drive and enjoy the performance and fuel economy improvement.

However, before making a complete stuff up of it, I thought I would double check which plug I am removing. The one in the photo below is hard to remove so the second question is, if it is that one, how on earth do I get it off?

Halp!

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/BattleScoob/IMG_0740.jpg

mudski
17th December 2015, 07:52 PM
Not sure where they fit up sorry. But is tunit the mob from Germany? Or there abouts...

LaughingBeagles
17th December 2015, 07:59 PM
They're Brits. Here's there "about (http://www.tunit.com.au/about)" page.

EDIT: I guess England is "thereabouts" compared to the distance from Aus [emoji3]

the evil twin
17th December 2015, 10:43 PM
snip...
The one in the photo below is hard to remove so the second question is, if it is that one, how on earth do I get it off?

Squeeze (sometimes you will feel the 'click' as the plug releases sometimes not) and pull... and Yes, they can be a bit of a Bast...d to get off

LaughingBeagles
18th December 2015, 12:01 AM
Thanks ET, appreciated as always.

Tap tap tap

LaughingBeagles
18th December 2015, 11:37 PM
Happy to report that between the great advice by ET and Macka, (from our club forum), I managed to fit the chip. Main ingredient is patience... Thanks lads.

Tap tap tap