PDA

View Full Version : I need information regarding the vehicle Weight and GVM

sahloul
17th December 2015, 09:52 AM
good evening Fellow Patrolers :D
i'm new to this forum (well i've known it for a while but just signed up today :p ) anyway, i have a 1994 Patrol Y60, it's a 4.2 Diesel, nautrally aspirated (Gulf standards) and recently i had a bit of a prblem at the car registering departement or what do you call it :p i'm not from australia (Huuuuge fan btw, it's a dream to visit it) so i don't know what it's called but anyways, long story short, i need a document that has the total weight the car can carry (AKA; Gross Vehicle Mass) i cannot find it for the life of me!!! i've downloaded the manual, it's not there, and all i can find online and official nissan document is the one for the Y61 :/ i tried even contacting Nissan here in Tunisia but they said that given it's an old car, they do not have it in the books (gives you an idea how professional these monkeys are) anyway, i was hoping if you guys know where i can perhaps find the piece of paper that's been driving me insane! thank you soo much in advance

Bob
17th December 2015, 10:07 AM
See the following :-

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/gq.html

threedogs
17th December 2015, 11:32 AM
wouldnt it be on your rego papers and possible on you VIN plate
or one of the stickers inside the front doors.
Too hot ATM to go have a look but will later today

Can you also pop over to the intros ,just something the forum asks of us all
Polite and all,

tuckertrucker
17th December 2015, 07:53 PM
I have a '92 Y60 safari (the same truck as the patrol but with 24v in New Zealand) that will have the same specs as your. My GVM is 2500kg.

I don't know about in your country, but here in NZ the GVM is just the standing weight of the vehicle excluding things like fuel, water and oil etc. Our GVM is only used to determine what road user charges we pay. So although my GVM is 2500kg, with a full tank of gas, oil, water, batteries and tools that I carry, I sit sloser to 2950kg

sahloul
18th December 2015, 01:38 AM
yeah i need it for the same reason, road user charges, if i get a document, somewhat official document, that way i pay a much less fee, since at the moment, the registration card has no weights at all, and there is nothing in the VIN plate under the bonnet or on the side of the doors, it just has the serial number (WRGY60XXXXXX) and the color and trim code, engine code etc... but no weights
so yeah i need a document like the one for the Y61 that has all the info, like number of seats, length, width, weight, maximum weight, if anyone has it that would be amazing, or anyone has a brochure that has this info i would much appreciate it if they can take a picture of it and upload it :) thank you guys in advance