PDA

View Full Version : One year on to the day.

Bloodyaussie
14th December 2015, 07:21 AM
Well it has been one year to the very day when my life I thought had been turned on it's head as I sat on the side of the Hume Hwy with Alexander waiting for a taxi.

I was numb and hated every second and wondered at what point did I make these mistakes that lead me to be where I was.... watching trucks pass thinking I could easliy walk in front of one but no I had my little boy with me... and after all it was only a frickin car.

Over the next week I lay in bed with severe tonsillitis and still a little boy to look after thinking the worst, it was not the case and was about to be very far from it.

Mick had a big heart and lead the way and while I refused help AB told me to get well and to not worry about it and that he would not do as I had asked.

Skip to this day getting ready for a trip to South Australia with the family and Bruce is very healthy and happy.

I thank every day for what I have and am very grateful for it.

I have not done as many trips as I would have liked but many are in the planning.

Now there are some that seem to think that I am now owned by the forum for all this help and even though I am so hugely grateful and will never forget, this is not the case.

I continue to help people from this forum when ever I can and have enjoyed some awesome trips some side splitting laughs and some deep lows with many on here.

Thanks to those that helped and I wish you a safe and Merry Christmas.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/11212751_1625725261026501_8042630669180371646_n_zp soraacizl.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/11212751_1625725261026501_8042630669180371646_n_zp soraacizl.jpg.html)

threedogs
14th December 2015, 07:57 AM
WOW one year how time flies eh, stay safe and a big thanks from me to you,
Enjoy the break with your family,and welcome back, lol

Rossco
14th December 2015, 08:00 AM
Good to see you Jono. Have a good chrissy and enjoy SA, sounds nice. . .

AB
14th December 2015, 08:53 AM
Good to read you again Johno and don't go making sand flags like we did, just go bloody buy the right one.

Winnies conduit design looked like a crazy flag waving hippy and my design was just a pita to get right.

Enjoy the trip!

Maxhead
14th December 2015, 09:04 AM
Get a dog up ya you poof. Enjoy your break and Merry Christmas to you and your family

BigRAWesty
14th December 2015, 09:11 AM
Hey BA. Good to see you posting.
And good to hear the car is going well. But 1 year sheash it flies..
If your down my way mate I have between christmas and new years off if ya wanna catch up for a beer bloke just let me know and we'll sort something.
Enjoy the trip and the quiet time.

threedogs
14th December 2015, 10:00 AM
Good to read you again Johno and don't go making sand flags like we did, just go bloody buy the right one.

Winnies conduit design looked like a crazy flag waving hippy and my design was just a pita to get right.

Enjoy the trip!
I'll do a DIY sand flag build soon for you all.
Very easy and well under $50

Hodge
14th December 2015, 01:37 PM
A year since that day at Tallarook, and that was one shit way to start a day. Shit time flies......Would have hated to imagine what you felt like big fella.
Onwards and upwards from there my friend, with the car, and the rest...
Bumped into BA at Georges work shop few days ago and quickly pulled over to say Hello. Always good to see forum faces !!

You and your family have a safe and awesome Xmas and Holiday !!

taslucas
14th December 2015, 02:14 PM
Fark yeah look at how it all turned out.... All for the better!

tappin from tassie

TPC
14th December 2015, 05:37 PM
Hi BA,

Where in SA are you going? We like to know where the Mexicans will be for safety reasons. ;)
If you happen to be around my way and feel like a beer let me know.

growler2058
14th December 2015, 05:46 PM
Come down to the bay cockH3ad i only have the chrissie long weekend off and the new years one
And about time you posted here again

Bacho86
14th December 2015, 06:46 PM
Good to see you on here again BA. That Tallarook was one my first trip forum trips, great trip -- as was the Licola snow trip that you put together as well! Merry Christmas to you and all your family as well mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lucus30
14th December 2015, 08:02 PM
Merry Christmas mate. Glad to see you about again.

I remember very clearly that date pulled over in the servo with you though i hadn't realised it was new motor time for you at that stage.
In the end it worked out well for you. So always look on the bright side monty python!!!!!!

Still yet to go for a 4wd drive with you however... Thought Walhalla would be the one but alas it was not to be ha ha. You missed out on a hell of a campfire not sure anybody was sober after a few games of cards against humanity

Clunk
14th December 2015, 08:14 PM
As others have said, good to see read you on here again mate. Have a superb Christmas and New Year, and dont forget, you're always welcome at my place if you ever get the chance, ya whinging bastard ;)

Cuppa
14th December 2015, 08:36 PM
Great post Jonathan. Happy Christmas to you & yours.

tuckertrucker
16th December 2015, 07:03 PM
Hey guys, please don't take this the wrong way, I'm trying not to be an asshole so tell me straight if i am, but what happened a year ago? I'm asking 'cause im curious so if its personal or bad or something just tell me to mind my own business :)
cheers, dylan.

threedogs
16th December 2015, 07:28 PM
After rebuilding his 4.2 TD it cooked on the side of the road on its maiden trip.
With one thing and another funds were tight and some forum members pitched in
no big deal Imo, This is a great forum and has helped many members in different
ways from lending Parts etc to lending Patrols.
If you hang around you'll find this is the best bunch of patrol guys Aust wide bar none
We have all laughed and cried together at some stage.
BEST FORUM EVER

mudnut
16th December 2015, 10:16 PM
Yeah, mate. There are some great individuals on this forum, and I do believe BA is one of them. He deserved the help he received.

tuckertrucker
17th December 2015, 09:06 AM
It is good to see so many good people in one place aye that kind of generosity is often hard to come by in certain areas over here. the truckies are usually pretty good though. Ive seen a fully laiden log truck towing some poor bastard through the mangamuka george. served him right though - was a landy that broke down haha ;)

Hodge
17th December 2015, 09:57 AM
BA doesn't just contribute on the forum. Has helped me out numerous times with stuff on the car as he lives around the corner from me ! Never a difficult task.
Oh and he gives hugs and cuddles too!

Tapatalked from S6

threedogs
17th December 2015, 11:46 AM
Dont forget the famous one inch thumb punch to the neck.
PML at that one.

jay see
17th December 2015, 02:04 PM
Good to see that your still keeping en eye on the forum.

lucus30
17th December 2015, 04:29 PM
BA doesn't just contribute on the forum. Has helped me out numerous times with stuff on the car as he lives around the corner from me ! Never a difficult task.
Oh and he gives hugs and cuddles too!

Tapatalked from S6
The cuddles are the scary bit. I'm yet to receive one but I hear they can spontaneously happen in the middle of the night

Irish
17th December 2015, 07:11 PM
He has the most punchable neck I've ever seen.

Clunk
17th December 2015, 07:27 PM
The cuddles are the scary bit. I'm yet to receive one but I hear they can spontaneously happen in the middle of the night

as long as dicks don't touch it's all ok

Maxhead
17th December 2015, 07:43 PM

No way they would, but dick to bum...................

Yes, Johnnos post is well and truly farked!!!

AB
17th December 2015, 07:54 PM
He has the most punchable neck I've ever seen. His Adam's apple is like a giant hernia, like a target just waiting to be slapped I agree.

mudski
17th December 2015, 10:12 PM
More worrying than scary. As you will think if that cuddle will turn into a dry hump.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

MB
17th December 2015, 10:36 PM
Merry Christmas BA,

Don't be a stranger old mate, if you get time off these Holidays please be sure to drop into the Hills and say G'day !

Big Bro and myself have organised quite a few weeks off forthcoming, staying local for the fire season, we can all surely do a day or two together on the local tracks if you're keen?

Hope those pneumatic playground nutserts are holding the snorkel on well, let's test em out soon ;-) ! Cheers mate !!

Avo
17th December 2015, 11:02 PM

i thought you enjoyed crossing swords

Clunk
17th December 2015, 11:30 PM
i thought you enjoyed crossing swords
Only when yours is involved