PDA

View Full Version : 4WD Supa Centre Roof Racks

JoshWA
5th December 2015, 03:16 AM
Hi All

Looking at buying a full length steel roof rack for my GU from 4WD SupaCentre , if anyone has recently bought one of these I would love to hear your opinions on them .

Cheers

BigRAWesty
5th December 2015, 06:59 AM
Lots of reports that the prep on them is poor and they rust around the welds..
My brother has an alloy one and the use lighter gauge steel.
But they do the job.

mudski
5th December 2015, 11:42 AM
I have the alloy Tigerz one. Same company. No complaints on mine. Although it has a few bends in it now from throwing loads of fire wood up on it but still good. Lol.

ashmccormick
5th December 2015, 07:09 PM
I bought an alloy one this year mate, pretty happy with it for the price as I got it on sale about 400 bucks, delivered to the Kimberley for only $70 which must have been an error haha. They couldn't find the address online and just sent it anyway.

Only thing I could complain about is the mesh floor under the rack is largely spaced unlike other brands like rhino rack, track lander etc. looks a bit like a fly screen door frame is on the roof... But at 1/4 price of most brands can't complain.

JoshWA
24th December 2015, 11:17 PM
Cheers guys , on holidays in QLD so I was able to drop into one of their stores , they actually look quite good . Considering the very cheap price

abw
25th December 2015, 12:04 AM
I have the steel flat rack. great for the price! The mesh platform is on the thin side. But the rest is pretty solid. I've had it 3 months and no rust so far.

Skitzyrex
25th December 2015, 04:14 PM
I've had a steel one for about 6 months and and had no problems. [emoji108]

qwertytank
25th December 2015, 08:04 PM
Hi Josh, I have just had one delivered last week and it looks good the only thing I have been told is it is worth giving a coat of rustproof paint just to make sure the powder coat round the welds are covered as sometimes they are not finished as nice as one would like (That's the powder finish not the welds they are all great!) This is not mandatory but just a recommendation so i'm going the full hog and putting two coats of rustproof and three coats of enamel to finish. It still makes it a bargain and will last forever!

let me know if you are looking at anything else from them as I almost bought the store and am happy to comment. :)

JoshWA
14th January 2016, 01:10 AM
Finally bit the bullet and bought the Supacentre rack , along with the 2.5 x 2.5 awning and awning tent and a Thumper air compressor. Should arrive early next week . Also been looking at the rear drawers , any thoughts on them Qwerty ?
Cheers

paulvdw
14th January 2016, 06:21 AM
Josh
I bought the Titan drawers and am really impressed with the quality..

Regards
Paul

mudski
14th January 2016, 09:40 PM
Josh
I bought the Titan drawers and am really impressed with the quality..

Regards
Paul
Yeah i have their drawers and the quality is really good.
And they fit with a full size barrier in the back too.

JoshWA
18th January 2016, 05:01 PM
Cheers Paul

JoshWA
18th January 2016, 05:04 PM
Thanks Mudski
How's the weight off the draws mate , not too heavy ?

mudski
18th January 2016, 08:04 PM
Thanks Mudski
How's the weight off the draws mate , not too heavy ?
I have the Titan drawers aswell, they weigh around 50kgs i think. Their was the weight on the box but i cant remember...
Bloody good drawers. The ally rack is good too. Its taken one helluva beating over its time and is still holding up.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

JoshWA
14th February 2016, 01:52 PM
Yeah i have their drawers and the quality is really good.
And they fit with a full size barrier in the back too.

Is that the Nissan/Milford barrier bud ?