PDA

View Full Version : Soublier Newbie Intro

soublier
3rd December 2015, 01:58 PM
Hey all! I am new to this forum and have recently acquired a "new" 88 Patrol TD42 with 210,000kms on the clock. The old girl has a few minor quirks but overall sounds and looks good underneath. Minor seepage (not really a dripping leak around gear box) Is this something of concern?

The misses and I are traveling Australia on our work holiday from the Motor City (Detroit). Have spent 3 months working and saving on Rottnest Island now hoping to hit the open road down to Albany then across to Esperance and eventually Melbs.

This is my 1st Diesel engine and 4wd. I welcome and tips and tricks, things to look out for or get checked out before we begin our journey across the country.

Thanks to all in advance!

4bye4
3rd December 2015, 03:49 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum.

AB
3rd December 2015, 05:23 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Dhuck
3rd December 2015, 07:00 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

soublier
4th December 2015, 03:34 AM
Thank you all! I had a mechanic friend look over the vehicle today. Seems everything is in good working order except for the front bearings and a small leak in the disel tank.

Front right wheel has a slight vertical wiggle when jacked, however no noticeable noise when turning either direction at high or low speeds. Is this something I should get looked at right away? Are these fixes I could work on myself with a little time and patience or are special tools required?

Clunk
4th December 2015, 07:52 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard

JoshWA
5th December 2015, 02:17 AM
G'Day and welcome to our beautiful country

blocko05
6th December 2015, 06:30 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum mate

growler2058
6th December 2015, 08:03 AM
G'day welcome aboard mate