PDA

View Full Version : ARB Compressors

gubigfish
2nd December 2015, 05:57 PM
Whats everyone's thoughts on the ARB Compressor range?

Hodge
2nd December 2015, 06:13 PM
Had one on all 3 of my 4x4s so far, none ever failed me once.

Covo71
2nd December 2015, 06:27 PM
Hi mate,
I bought the twin and it is awesome. I just connected the wires myself and wrapped everything up and bolted into one of those hard cases. $59 at Bunnings. Not cheap obviously but works heaps better than what I have had in the past.

AB
2nd December 2015, 06:45 PM
Big thumbs up for me too. Have one in the rear for tyres and one under the seat for lockers.

Winnie
2nd December 2015, 08:10 PM
Yep I've got one and have only used it a couple of times but I think they are great

BigRAWesty
2nd December 2015, 08:17 PM
Can't fault them. Know many people that use em and never had an issue.

FNQGU
2nd December 2015, 08:43 PM
I thought I'd fried mine once, but found it to be the plastic wire connector had melted. A T-shaped white plastic connector (don't know the name of them). Anyway, after a lot of swearing on the side of the road in about 35*C after coming down the Creb Track, via the ZigZag track, and going to air-up, I managed to pull it apart and crimp up new blade connectors and get it going again. There are definitely faster pumps around, but these seem pretty reliable for what they are. They aren't 100% duty cycle though and do need a cool down if you are doing more than just airing up 4 tyres or so.

gubigfish
3rd December 2015, 06:48 PM
Cheers lads was speaking to a mate about an endless air setup but they seem like a lot of piss farting about, being on special always helps with the decision to

BigRAWesty
3rd December 2015, 06:56 PM
Cheers lads was speaking to a mate about an endless air setup but they seem like a lot of piss farting about, being on special always helps with the decision to
Ow the on board air setups are a billion times better than the arb compressors..
How can one compete with some 600 psi and 400ltr/ minute..
My brother has one and it flows that quick the valve can't handle it and the compressor sits there clicking on and off while airing up..

But yes a lot more work involved..

LaughingBeagles
3rd December 2015, 10:19 PM
Have the least expensive one and it works a treat.

Tap tap tap

mudski
4th December 2015, 08:23 AM
Are the single cylinder compressors powerful enough to pump up a 35? Or even a 33... I have one under the pax seat for the locker and was thinking of mounting a small tank somewhere and mounting a second one( as I have one here) under the driver seat and run both together to a tank.

Hodge
4th December 2015, 08:28 AM
They are my single one pumps all 4 up no issues.

Tapatalked from S6

Chubba
4th December 2015, 08:41 AM
Had ARB compressor for well over ten years now, thinking about it
pushing 15 years.
Never let me down and dose my 33" no problemo.

Winnie
4th December 2015, 09:13 AM
Are the single cylinder compressors powerful enough to pump up a 35? Or even a 33... I have one under the pax seat for the locker and was thinking of mounting a small tank somewhere and mounting a second one( as I have one here) under the driver seat and run both together to a tank.

Yeah mine does my 33s no problem and I know they do 35s as well. I don't use a tank.

Rossco
4th December 2015, 09:36 AM
Yeah ive got a little one (haha!!), and it does 35s no problem. Has done 8 in a row on many occasions and loves it. There bloody good i recon the only problem I've had is the connector melting. Also you know if it does stuff up your guaranteed to get parts for it and they're fully rebuildable.

MudRunnerTD
4th December 2015, 11:58 AM
Yeah ive got a little one (haha!!), and it does 35s no problem. Has done 8 in a row on many occasions and loves it. There bloody good i recon the only problem I've had is the connector melting. Also you know if it does stuff up your guaranteed to get parts for it and they're fully rebuildable.

When you say the "Little One" you mean the Single full size model and not the Little Airlocker only unit? Surely?

I have 3 ARB Compressors and they are all great. I rate them highly. I have the standard pump up unit mounted into the GUIV and also one in a Tackle box as a mobile unit and i have one of the Airlocker mini units in the GQ.

IMO only the Double Pumper ARB unit and an Endless air system is better. Great Compressor.

http://www.arb.com.au/products/arb-compressors/

Airlocker Activation Compressor
12v, 5.5A, 27/7L/min, 0.98CFM

High Output 12V
12v, 14A, 87.2L/min, 3.08CFM

Maximum Performance Double Pumper 12V
12V, 28A, 174L/min, 6.16CFM

Class Leading. Rebuildable. No Hesitation.

Rossco
4th December 2015, 12:31 PM
When you say the "Little One" you mean the Single full size model and not the Little Airlocker only unit? Surely?

Class Leading. Rebuildable. No Hesitation.

Yeah Rodger, single full size should. . . .have been a bit clearer!! ☺. . .

gubigfish
4th December 2015, 12:33 PM
Yeah I'm looking at the ARB Twin Compressor with the 4L tank in a carry case with everything needed.

Stropp
4th December 2015, 12:35 PM
i have just installed a new one under the bonnet and have my portable single for sale if you want to look at it, $200

Covo71
9th December 2015, 12:30 PM
I bought the compressor for about $500 and the case I bolted it to was $50. Just attached all the wires so I and attached alligator clamps to attach to battery. Heaps cheaper than buying the portable at $850 and I don't think I need a tank anyway. 6317063171

Stropp
9th December 2015, 01:12 PM
I bought the compressor for about $500 and the case I bolted it to was $50. Just attached all the wires so I and attached alligator clamps to attach to battery. Heaps cheaper than buying the portable at $850 and I don't think I need a tank anyway. 6317063171

you can buy that one with a tank ion a box from arb for $800 on xmas special :)

Warwick89
9th December 2015, 07:51 PM
I have a twin with air tank, excellent pump. although you do need to change all fittings on the hose and connections so you can use power tools that aren't ARB. ARB loves making things that locks you into their products lol.

Winnie
9th December 2015, 08:06 PM
I have a twin with air tank, excellent pump. although you do need to change all fittings on the hose and connections so you can use power tools that aren't ARB. ARB loves making things that locks you into their products lol.
You can buy adaptors from Bunnings, I can't remember what they call them but it is some European fitting.
But yeah, it would be easier to change the fittings lol.

nissannewby
9th December 2015, 08:43 PM
Yeah swap everything over to nitto fittings.

gubigfish
15th December 2015, 07:16 PM
thanks for the offer stropp, i'm sure someone else will be keen