PDA

View Full Version : Changing GU front seats

p8ence
2nd December 2015, 11:28 AM
I'm thinking of changing my GU front seats.. Have a 2009 DX GU wagon and looking at changing the seats..
1. For more comfort and lumber support on longer trips
2. Want to raise the height a bit as i'm a short chit, thanks to my mothers genes..

I need to know if anyone has done this on thie same model and what seats to use that are a straight bolt up with no mods?

Heard of different scenarios with the SS commodore, ford and stratos but all mixed experiences..

Any advice?

Thanks
Dazz

FNQGU
2nd December 2015, 08:52 PM
I put a second hand Recaro in mine. I don't know about Commodore or Falcon seats but the height on the Recaros is more about the seat base that you need to buy separately. You then put the seat on, and adjust it up or down on the three adjustment bolt holes. There is probably an inch in height difference between the top and bottom bolt holes.

The best feature I have found on the Recaro is the side bolsters that support your body, and then the lumbar support. Awesome on long trips and I really appreciate the difference to my original Nissan seat.

Sorry, didn't answer your question very well, but I am unaware of a straight bolt up seat option.

Clunk
2nd December 2015, 09:44 PM
I'm thinking of changing my GU front seats.. Have a 2009 DX GU wagon and looking at changing the seats..
1. For more comfort and lumber support on longer trips
2. Want to raise the height a bit as i'm a short chit, thanks to my mothers genes..

I need to know if anyone has done this on thie same model and what seats to use that are a straight bolt up with no mods?

Heard of different scenarios with the SS commodore, ford and stratos but all mixed experiences..

Any advice?

Thanks
Dazz
Stropp put Recaros in his mate, not sure if he had to adjust anything. ...... in saying that though probably not coz he got them from figjam in the club, so could alway pm him

Bigcol
2nd December 2015, 09:52 PM
Mike at XLR8 Fabrication fitted some XR8 Leather seats into a guys GU a couple of months ago
had to cut and modify the original bases onto the XR seats

but was do-able

I know cause I got the old ST seats that came out

used my runners from my DX seats

bloody nice and comfy

Clunk
2nd December 2015, 09:57 PM
Mike at XLR8 Fabrication fitted some XR8 Leather seats into a guys GU a couple of months ago

but was do-able

bloody nice and comfy
Didn't he get the electrics working in those too? The leather seats that is, not the ST ones

p8ence
2nd December 2015, 11:34 PM
Stropp put Recaros in his mate, not sure if he had to adjust anything. ...... in saying that though probably not coz he got them from figjam in the club, so could alway pm him

Cheers Clunk..
Will have a chat to him and look next time i see him..

p8ence
2nd December 2015, 11:38 PM
Mm

but was do-able

bloody nice and comfy
Dnt mind doin the mods just feelin lazy about it.. Then its a good excuse to buy new tools :) might look into the XR8 and the recaro like cluck sugested..

Cheers

Bigcol
2nd December 2015, 11:42 PM
the XR8 seats are a hell of a lot cheaper than the Recaro's

but

the Recaro's are a hell of a lot nicer..............