PDA

View Full Version : Oil leak from turbo-to-sump hose in RD28

UVB76
30th November 2015, 11:44 AM
Hey guys.

I noticed a leak coming from the hose that goes from the turbo to the sump. I degreased it clean and took it for a casual 30 mins drive around town and the leak was back. It doesn't seem to drip... just sits on the sump like in the photo.What generally causes this? Too much pressure forcing the oil past the hose? I really don't know and any help is appreciated :)

AB
30th November 2015, 05:29 PM
I would be trying to fix the simple things first or can you confirm its coming out of the fitting and not the clamp/hose?

Swap that old clamp for a better fixing clamp, maybe the hose too, clean it up again and pray that solves it otherwise the barb itself may be leaking.

UVB76
30th November 2015, 08:24 PM
I haven't had a go at replacing the bits yet, thought I'd get some general advice from the forums cos I'm unfamiliar with these parts. More than happy to put new bits on, any excuse to work on the trol :D
What happens if I pull the hose - am I going to get doused in oil? Looks and feels like hose Pirtek sells. Happen to know the diam.?

AB
30th November 2015, 09:02 PM
I haven't had a go at replacing the bits yet, thought I'd get some general advice from the forums cos I'm unfamiliar with these parts. More than happy to put new bits on, any excuse to work on the trol :D What happens if I pull the hose - am I going to get doused in oil? Looks and feels like hose Pirtek sells. Happen to know the diam.? engine off and let it sit for an hour so you'll be fine.

I can see in that photo fresh blue colour just behind the clamp which looks like the hose has slipped up possibly.

I wouldn't worry about the hose at the moment but that bottom clamp may not be holding.

Get a new clamp, remove that one and make sure the hose is pushed down further and see how that goes for a quick simple $2 fix first and see if still leaks.