PDA

View Full Version : Long Range Sub tank

altech
29th November 2015, 08:12 AM
Hi Guys, making enquirers on a long Sub tank from LRA and Brown Davis and the email from Brown Davis has got me saying "WTF" to myself lol . here is what they said (GOOD MORNING WE DO AN 80 LITRE REPLACEMENT SUB TANK FOR YOUR CAR TO FIT THE LARGER TANK YOU MUST
HAVE A BODY LIFT OF 50 MM (NOT A SUSPENSION LIFT) THE COST OF THE TANK IS $917.00 PLUS A FITTING COST OF
$198.00 WE DON’T HAVE THE TANK IN STOCK IT WOULD TAKE 3 WEEKS TO PORODUCE & 2 HOURS TO INSTALL) ..............wtf .
Anyway is this true that you need a 2 inch body lift for there Sub tanks installs. I did get a email about LRA sub tanks and they don't need body to be lifted. cheers Alex

MudRunnerTD
29th November 2015, 10:24 AM
Never heard that before! Ask for clarification or re ask your question. Assuming your after a long range sub tank for a GU. Very common item. Body lifts in a GU are rare.

abw
29th November 2015, 11:42 AM
Looking at their website, they have an 80L subtank (no body lift). There is also a 90L version which needs a body lift.
http://www.browndavis.com.au/products.php?make=NISSAN&model=PATROL&series=GU%2BY61%2B1997-PRESENT

katwoman
29th November 2015, 06:15 PM
I have the Brown Davies 80 LT sub tank.. Went straight in. Was in a 4500, now a TD42. No body lifts. Fitted it myself.

paulyg
29th November 2015, 06:21 PM
I also have a Brown Davis long range sub tank no body lift.

the evil twin
29th November 2015, 07:36 PM
Brown Davis reply makes sense to me...
They have two tank options (3 if you count the petty).
They do an 80 litre replacement Long Range Tank for the GU bolts straight in.
They do a 90 litre tank that doesn't IE if you want their larger Long Range Tank (90 plus litres) then you need a body lift and then it bolts straight in.

King_ady1
29th November 2015, 07:58 PM
The way it's worded at first comes across like u need a lift for the 80l tank. But if u read a bit slower and throw a commercial in there it come across that "to fit the 'bigger' tank you need a 2inch lift"

Got me at first as well lol

macca
19th April 2016, 10:29 AM
Saw this in a mag today, not one for patrols as yet. Another option, 7 to 9mm thick and no welds to crack. Could be a good tank.

BigRAWesty
19th April 2016, 10:42 AM
Saw this in a mag today, not one for patrols as yet. Another option, 7 to 9mm thick and no welds to crack. Could be a good tank.
All good untill it does get a puncher or crack then it's a bin job..

But I agree the ability to easily shape I to the vehicle gets it out the way more..

Not sure how the get it so consistent.. 7-9 mm is awesome if true because the only way I can think of making seamless tanks is blow moulding..
And they have some very detailed angles in them..

Winnie
19th April 2016, 10:46 AM
All good untill it does get a puncher or crack then it's a bin job..

But I agree the ability to easily shape I to the vehicle gets it out the way more..

Not sure how the get it so consistent.. 7-9 mm is awesome if true because the only way I can think of making seamless tanks is blow moulding..
And they have some very detailed angles in them..
It says in the piece that they use rotational moulding.

BigRAWesty
19th April 2016, 10:48 AM
It says in the piece that they use rotational moulding.
Roto moulded.. I'll ask Google. .

BigRAWesty
19th April 2016, 02:16 PM
So it's similar to blow moulding but you have shot rolling the material out into the outter mould..
Very cool vids on you tube for it..