PDA

View Full Version : still busted RD28 running rough

bov17
28th November 2015, 03:07 PM
so - replaced the standard glow plugs and air flow meter.

When at idle - was worse. Changed air flow back to mine - better (it was a second hand number to check if that was the issue still could be...?)

when in neutral just idles and splutters a little seems to feel like it is running on 4 or 5 cyl. but revs better much smoother.

However, as soon as i put it into any gear, (manual) it coughs and farts and nearly stalls. wont run properly at all.

Its a 98 GU RD28ti.

I guess it could still be the afm? I have cleaned it with proper afm cleaner and checked all the vaccuum lines in the bay but all appear to be okay.

Injectors were recently checked to be in good condition as has the head (new head gasket put in whilst apart).

I note the air bag light is flashing on the dash board and does not turn off at all.

Any thoughts would be great!

MudRunnerTD
28th November 2015, 03:23 PM
It won't fix your problem but I would disconnect the battery for 30 minutes to clear the codes as the airbag light is a fault code.

I have added to your title to see if I can get you more help. Good luck mate.

bov17
28th November 2015, 09:06 PM
Thanks mate. Disconnected battery will see if it stops flashing tomorrow.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Rob Ness
27th January 2016, 10:11 PM
Had a similar prob with my RD28t recently fixed it with a new crank angle sensor which sends to the fuel pump timing the injectors to fire timed to the crank rotation, just a thought might be worth checking, good luck