PDA

View Full Version : Bushfire Relief Ute, Truck and 4wd Muster 2015 - SA

AB
27th November 2015, 07:07 AM
To Whom it May Concern

My name is Mitchell Asser, I organised and ran the Sampson Flat Bushfire Relief Ute and 4wd Muster in January of this year (2015). Together with your help and support we raised $10,318 for the CFS Foundation.
The event was extremely successful with over 250 Utes and 4wds on show with more than 2000 people entering the site over the day.
With Live Music, Kids entertainment, it turned a fundraising event into a family day that help support those affected by the Sampson Flat Bushfires.

As you may or may not be aware there is a catastrophic bushfire currently burning in South Australia Lower Mid North through the Pinery area. The Fire has burnt through over 85,000 Hectares in the short number of days it’s been burning.

The Tailgaters Ute Group has decided to organise and run another muster to raise vital funds for those affected. For this event we have widened our reach by including trucks into the vehicles displayed. We are looking for donations both monetary and of goods for prizes for both raffles and category wins. But will accept anything you may have to offer to assist us raising as much money as we can.

Date: Sunday 13th December
Time: 10am – 3pm

I understand that in times like this people take advantage of the situation for their own benefit, I assure you this isn’t the case. We have the full backing of the CFS Foundation and I’m currently waiting to receive a Letter of Authority which I am more than happy to send you if you wish.

I look forward to your reply and hope together we can help those you need it most.

Regards
Mitchell Asser
Tailgaters Ute Group

Mitcha31@bigpond.com

TPC
27th November 2015, 03:10 PM
Update of the impact of this fire:

Nearly 90 homes have been destroyed or rendered uninhabitable as a result of the Pinery fire, it was announced today.
Impact Teams, who have finalised an assessment of the fire ground, have determined that:
• 87 homes were completely destroyed or significantly damaged and are uninhabitable at this time
• 388 farm sheds have been lost
• 93 pieces of farm machinery were destroyed
• 98 vehicles were destroyed
Details of the property loss were released at a media conference this afternoon which was addressed by the Premier Jay Weatherill,
Police Commissioner Grant Stevens and Country Fire Service Chief Officer Greg Nettleton.
The fire, which began about midday on Wednesday, is now 100 per cent contained, however about 200 fire fighters remain on the
ground to quell any flare ups, mop up and continue to blacken the remaining fire ground – a phase in the operation which is expected to take 4-7 days.
All the roads within the Pinery fire ground are now open, however the public are asked to be mindful that emergency personnel are
still working in the area and to take care on the roads. Obey reduced speed limit signs and give way to emergency vehicles.
Also detailed today:
• The number of people who have died as a result of the fire remains at two.
• There are no people unaccounted for.
• Five people remain in a critical condition in hospital with serious burns.
• 90 people have sought assistance for injuries which have ranged from very minor to critical.
• PIRSA has assessed more than 270 properties in the fire ground and are helping farmers and livestock owners.
• More than 50,000 poultry were destroyed in the fire.
• 950 sheep have had to be destroyed (a number which is expected to rise sharply).
• the number of sows killed at the Wasleys Piggery has been revised down to 500.
• About 200 homes remain without power.
• A public meeting was held in Mallala this morning and another will be held at Kapunda this afternoon at 4pm to provide
information directly to local communities.
• Relief centres at the Gawler Sport and Recreation Centre, the Balaklava Racecourse and the Clare Showgrounds remain open.
• While it is early in the investigations, this fire does not appear to be the work of an arsonist.
• Teams of arborists will be working across the fire ground to assess trees and safety fell any that pose a danger.
• A bridge assessment team will be in the area soon to check on infrastructure.

BigRAWesty
28th November 2015, 07:44 AM
The severity was amazing. The area it burnt in only hours huge.
You have to have so much respect for those who risk their lives for others.
Thoughts are with those who are left behind from the 2 deaths and fingers crossed those in icu pull threw..

TPC
28th November 2015, 08:00 AM
My Nephew lives in Nuriootpa and was fighting the fire, when the relief turned up from Melbourne rather than taking a break he organized a few helpers and headed over to a mates fire damaged property to help with cleanup and repairs.