PDA

View Full Version : Is my lift kit been done right?

Phill265
26th November 2015, 05:18 PM
Hi guys, I brought my GQ with a 6inch lift kit (I know it's a bit big) I'm looking at lowering it to 4 inch though. Now the old girl is a bit rough round the edges, a lot of extras have just been slapped together on it. I am slowly fixing thing up on it. Reading other posts about lift kits I know they have done a couple things right. It has adjustable panhards, but the draglink is non adjustable. I really haven't any a clue what other components they should of upgraded. Little help please.

mudski
26th November 2015, 09:54 PM
Hi guys, I brought my GQ with a 6inch lift kit (I know it's a bit big) I'm looking at lowering it to 4 inch though. Now the old girl is a bit rough round the edges, a lot of extras have just been slapped together on it. I am slowly fixing thing up on it. Reading other posts about lift kits I know they have done a couple things right. It has adjustable panhards, but the draglink is non adjustable. I really haven't any a clue what other components they should of upgraded. Little help please.
Pretty much anything over 2 or 3inch needs front and rear adjustable panhards, adjustable drag link to correct the steering wheel, on the rear you will need to change the upper control arms at the minimum. I used adjustable ones to correct the diff angle, I also used 10mm longer lower arms.
6inch is a massive lift, even 4 on a GQ looks pretty gnarly. Unless your running 37's or bigger, its a bit of an overkill maybe.

Clunk
26th November 2015, 11:13 PM
And dont forget drop boxes to correct the castor

mudski
27th November 2015, 12:45 AM
And dont forget drop boxes to correct the castor

Ahh yes and those too!

my third 256
27th November 2015, 08:05 AM
and the break bias arm on the rear diff

mudski
27th November 2015, 10:16 PM
and the break bias arm on the rear diff
Aaaand that too. Lol

mudski
27th November 2015, 10:17 PM
And extended breather and brake lines....

Clunk
28th November 2015, 12:00 AM
And extended breather and brake lines....
Yep and those too lol

mudski
28th November 2015, 02:01 AM
Ahh. I think I got it covered.:wink:

Phill265
28th November 2015, 01:51 PM
Well it's only got 33's with 10inch rims, but it doesn't look that out of place believe it or not. It's a n/a diesel so bigger tyres aren't the go, to slow I'm thinking. Pretty sure it hasn't drop boxes, I'll take photo and put them up later so you guys can tell me what I need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phill265
28th November 2015, 01:52 PM
I'm pretty green at all this guys if you haven't noticed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk