PDA

View Full Version : introductions

melts
7th April 2011, 04:57 PM
this is actually the first time i've done this on a forums haha

my name's michael, a lot of people know me as melts though, partly because its my nickname everywhere and partly because its unique :p

i'm in WA and up until recently been heavily involved in the drift/motorsports scene here, now it takes a back seat to family.
I still lend a hand as one of the admins on silviawa when I'm paying attention and still own my in pieces drift s13, an in pieces s12 that will be my daily and a plethora of car junk

as for fourbies I currently own a LWB GQ, 1991 model with a TB24 donk. I used to own a SWB TD42 before i took it swimming and got a leg out of bed and through the block... Miss the shortie a lot as it was a tonne of fun, and wasn't the family car, and was diesel, and had better clearance, and was just for kicks

I've done a fair bit of offroading, in bursts, usually when my friends have coerced me into an adventure. not as much with the LWB as its expensive to run and the wife would kill me if i broke it, and my friends idea of offroad involves the hardest courses they can find.. done powerlines in so many ways in the shortie watching them kill cars, and myself doing weight saving tasks like ripping off a side step on one adventure.. its good fun but not suiting the family car.

these days its mostly beach runs and messing about out at the salt lakes at the farm, which suits the family car well

planning on doing something silly to it, either TD42T or going efi and turbo on the current block, or if I figure out the adapter plate, something like a VH42DET for a bit of a giggle. thats after the work on the other two cars though :P right now I really just need to sharpen my skills dealing with carbies, so I can get this to something under 20L/100km as its really a pain in the wallet at the moment

Dhuck
7th April 2011, 05:01 PM
Welcome to the forum mate. Have a read and enjoy. Plenty of help and info.

DX grunt
7th April 2011, 05:02 PM
Welcome melts

A couple of members on this forum live in Mandurah. Great to have you here.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

AB
7th April 2011, 05:33 PM
Welcome to the forum Melts, thanks for the intro.

Join in the convos mate and ask any questions!

Bigrig
7th April 2011, 05:36 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it. Enjoy!!

growler2058
7th April 2011, 05:49 PM
Gday melts theyre a good mob on board here full of quality troll advice

timbar
7th April 2011, 06:29 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard join in and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer ENJOY and WELCOME

Good Luck with the fuel consumption when u work it out let me know !!!

Tim

Bob
7th April 2011, 06:46 PM
Welcome Melts. Join in and enjoy

Sir Roofy
7th April 2011, 07:17 PM
Welcome aboard melts

YNOT
7th April 2011, 07:22 PM
Welcome to the forum Michael.

Tony

big_fletch
7th April 2011, 07:40 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Fletcha

Maxhead
7th April 2011, 07:49 PM
G'Day Melts, welcome to the forum mate

Finly Owner
7th April 2011, 10:52 PM
Hi and welcome to nissans Nut House Melts. Ilike the intro.

Tim

wildgu6
7th April 2011, 10:54 PM
Welcome aboard buddy, Nice intro,
Great bunch of people here with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Hope you have a great 2011.
stay safe & Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete

patch697
3rd May 2011, 07:06 PM
To all new members & those member who have joined in the last 4 months I'd like to introduce myself

Hi all my name is Paul (patch697) & I am the Super Moderator here on the forum. I have been away for a spell & there will be a lot of new members who haven't met me yet so I'd like to extend a worm welcome from myself to you all & if you have any question or need any help don't hesitate to ask.

I hope you all enjoy the forum.

Cheers
Paul