PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Smart Boost Tee

tuckertrucker
26th November 2015, 05:43 AM
Hi all, has anyone got any experience using a TurboSmart Boost Tee boost controller? I'm running a 38mm external waste gate. But I want more boost than the spring is giving me and I don't want to replace the spring.

So I'm looking at this thing. It fits right into the pressure feed to the wastegate and vents away the pressure so that the waste gate see's less pressure.

Cheers, Dylan.

Wizard52
27th November 2015, 12:56 PM
I installed one to replace original one AMMS installed about 4 or 5 yrs ago. Closed it up completely then turned 2 full turns as a starting point and then 1 or 2 notches for final adjustment. Running standard Nissan turbo with 3" exhaust and 16-17psi boost which keeps EGT at 400 under almost all conditions.

tuckertrucker
27th November 2015, 08:09 PM
thats comforting to hear haha. Are you running an intercooler? How important would you say they are, over here in NZ our ambient temps never go about 25 so the intake air is pretty cool to begin with.

Wizard52
29th November 2015, 07:58 AM
thats comforting to hear haha. Are you running an intercooler? How important would you say they are, over here in NZ our ambient temps never go about 25 so the intake air is pretty cool to begin with.

Yes. Just the standard Nissan intercooler on 2006 vehicles

tuckertrucker
29th November 2015, 03:04 PM
Well it arrived in the post yesterday. Sadly i didn't have enough tube to reach from the firewall to the waste gate. So until Monday when I get some more tube, I've bypassed the T junction that provides pressure for the wastegate and boost gauge, and plumbed the boost gauge directly to the manifold. So I effectively have no waste gate at the moment - but I don't see the problem yet.

I had to tow under load today and even under load, I couldn't get the boost pressure to go above 21psi. And that was at about 3400 rpm under load. So I'm quite happy in the mean time.

Next up is a top mount intercooler

Cheers Dylan.