PDA

View Full Version : Weird Noise when turning

tuckertrucker
20th November 2015, 08:31 PM
Hi guys n gals

I've been putting up with this noise for a while hoping it would pass but its just lingering and getting worse.

So when I'm moving foward and I turn the wheel I hear this squealing noise. It also happens when I'm on an off camber road that makes the truck pull to that side. Basically it sounds like squealing breaks but a lot sharper - and only when cornering as I described. It also comes and goes a bit, as in sometimes its there and others its not.

I haven't noticed it in reverse, nor have I noticed it when stationary, but that could just be cause I'm not listening for it.

Any help would be great cause Im about at my wits end!!!

BTW - 1992 Nissan Safari LWB

Clunk
20th November 2015, 08:51 PM
What about when turning the sterring wheel whilst stationary?

4bye4
20th November 2015, 08:51 PM
Power steering belt??

King_ady1
20th November 2015, 08:52 PM
Does it stop when turning at speed? And does it only do it after a certain amount of turning??

tuckertrucker
21st November 2015, 06:11 AM
No noise when stationary. Its not the belt - not that kind of squeal. And can does it all the time pretty much. When I first take off, stopping, whenever.

tuckertrucker
21st November 2015, 06:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAicnJd6zYE This is exactly the noise I'm hearing. But only when turning - not going straight. And its a little more constant with mine.

Rossko07
21st November 2015, 07:47 AM
It's not the diff is it?

Avo
21st November 2015, 08:10 AM
have you jacked it up turned the wheel to full lock and tried spinning the wheel?

Clunk
21st November 2015, 09:48 AM
Wheel bearings

happygu
21st November 2015, 10:49 AM
I would say wheel bearings too.

If you are turning right, and that is when the noise happens - check the passenger side first.
If you are turning left - check the drivers side first, as the bearings will have extra loading on the outside wheel of the turn.

tuckertrucker
21st November 2015, 10:53 AM
I would say wheel bearings too.

If you are turning right, and that is when the noise happens - check the passenger side first.
If you are turning left - check the drivers side first, as the bearings will have extra loading on the outside wheel of the turn.

I agree, but it happens in both directions, suggesting both bearings?? Waiting for it to stop raining before I jack it up.