PDA

View Full Version : Spotlight Problem

gubigfish
20th November 2015, 11:02 AM
Hey all,

I've got a set of Lightforce HID spotties on the front of my ute and at the moment when I turn on high beam they start flashing but at alternating between each one, any idea what could be causing that? I'm sure other drivers would really appreciate my strobing affect as they drive past but this needs to be fixed.

Cheers
Fish

4bye4
20th November 2015, 11:34 AM
Just a guess, but I would check all the connections for a high resistance joint, especially the earth connections. Sounds as though they cannot get enough current to "strike" at the same time maybe. Could even be the relay contact if they are fed off the same relay.
Will tey fire one at a time?

the evil twin
20th November 2015, 01:11 PM
Hey all,

I've got a set of Lightforce HID spotties on the front of my ute and at the moment when I turn on high beam they start flashing but at alternating between each one, any idea what could be causing that? I'm sure other drivers would really appreciate my strobing affect as they drive past but this needs to be fixed.

Cheers
Fish

Do you mean that even when the HID's are turned off, IE if you try to use just the vehicle high beam, the Lights strobe?
If that is the case and depending how the wiring is hooked up, you may have earthing/plug issues at the vehicle headlights or faulty relay amongst other things.

If you have the HIDs switched on, select hi-beam and it is doing it then that is the safety circuit in the ballasts reacting to low supply voltage.
Check the supply connections, relay and ballast earths

gubigfish
20th November 2015, 02:14 PM
If you have the HIDs switched on, select hi-beam and it is doing it then that is the safety circuit in the ballasts reacting to low supply voltage.
Check the supply connections, relay and ballast earths

Thanks ET this is the correct description, I have a switch in the Cab when its in the off position and high beam no spotties, when on and high beam. I'll have a look and see what I can find.