PDA

View Full Version : Finally going well

IronVoid
17th November 2015, 06:58 PM
Hey guys, as you may remember I bought a bit of lemon to start with, having the turbo replaced the 2nd day then continual power and smoke issues.

Well I put in the NADS which seemed to stop my smoke and power problem. I also added a boost gauge and noticed the boost was still jumping around and just not holding on, so I replaced the I/C with a heavy duty welded one, but still I was losing boost, so I checked everything and noticed a small amount of oil around one of my hoses and so I replaced it too. Now my boost would hold, but was doing the drop off at 2,300RPM and after doing a little research on here noticed I should put in a boost controller, after fiddling round with that for awhile to get it set right (Including putting it in backwards to start off with) I finally had it running the best it ever had...then a dreaded whistle sound came when I got to around 11-15PSI, so I parked it in the shed and sulked for a week or two. So next I went round tighten everything I could and put cable ties on all my vacuum lines, got my boost set a bit more precise and I've had no problems since.

I took it down to Busselton to go look at the Jetty, making a stop in Bunbury on the way, and last weekend I finally took it off-road (lack of recovery gear and unsure of how it was running put me off) and went down to Tims Thicket, just south of Mandurah.

This coming Sunday I've also put my name down for the Western Patrol clubs meet and greet (just waiting on confirmation as I don't have forum access, Maybe someone could help?) which is going down Tims Thicket way as well.

Finally I can use my beast and start to love it properly!

threedogs
17th November 2015, 07:13 PM
thats great news buddy,great news
now go and hit them tracks

AB
17th November 2015, 07:17 PM
Hey guys, as you may remember I bought a bit of lemon to start with, having the turbo replaced the 2nd day then continual power and smoke issues. Well I put in the NADS which seemed to stop my smoke and power problem. I also added a boost gauge and noticed the boost was still jumping around and just not holding on, so I replaced the I/C with a heavy duty welded one, but still I was losing boost, so I checked everything and noticed a small amount of oil around one of my hoses and so I replaced it too. Now my boost would hold, but was doing the drop off at 2,300RPM and after doing a little research on here noticed I should put in a boost controller, after fiddling round with that for awhile to get it set right (Including putting it in backwards to start off with) I finally had it running the best it ever had...then a dreaded whistle sound came when I got to around 11-15PSI, so I parked it in the shed and sulked for a week or two. So next I went round tighten everything I could and put cable ties on all my vacuum lines, got my boost set a bit more precise and I've had no problems since. I took it down to Busselton to go look at the Jetty, making a stop in Bunbury on the way, and last weekend I finally took it off-road (lack of recovery gear and unsure of how it was running put me off) and went down to Tims Thicket, just south of Mandurah. This coming Sunday I've also put my name down for the Western Patrol clubs meet and greet (just waiting on confirmation as I don't have forum access, Maybe someone could help?) which is going down Tims Thicket way as well. Finally I can use my beast and start to love it properly! Pm clunk or Doggy mate they should sort you out.

Clunk
17th November 2015, 07:37 PM
Have you registered on the WPC forum yet mate, if so what was your user name, as I've just approved about 5 for forum access? If not, send me a pm with your email address and I can send you details of the trip. Meet up time and place etc

IronVoid
17th November 2015, 07:54 PM
Done, thanks mate. Meet up is just a few blocks over so it's nice and easy for me :smiley_thumbs_up:

4bye4
17th November 2015, 08:43 PM
Welcome to the forum mate. (Ben?) See you Sunday.

LaughingBeagles
17th November 2015, 10:45 PM
Ah, now I see what Clunkenstien meant on the WPC forum. Welcome mate. Great news about sorting your rig.

Tap tap tap