PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Jervis Bay .. for this month's photo comp subject 'Farm'

HuskyInAuz
16th November 2015, 04:26 AM
Unfortunately we are going to have to return to Oregon, yes just 10 miles north of Roseburg, and tend the to the farm/vineyard. Caretakers and Estate agents haven't kept up with maintenance or been able to sell the property and now its in pretty poor shape. We are tired of one of us doing two or three trips a year back there. The path of least resistance is go back, clean it up and sell which is going to take a good year.

I'm so much looking forward to the drizzle, fog, 8 hours of daylight here in Dec, mud, ( the sticky kind that makes you taller as you walk across it ) and neighbors spraying herbicide in the middle of the summer when the onshore winds blow 10-15kts.

My Patrol and a bunch of extra kit will be for sale starting later today as our outbound flight is on the 13th. We have sold the house, settlement is soon.

Maxhead
16th November 2015, 06:27 AM
You coming back?? Shame you have to sell your gear mate. You won't get another Patrol like that again:) If you're planning on coming back, is it worth putting it in storage till you get back?
Either way mate, take care and hope things work out for ya.

Catch you soon

AB
16th November 2015, 06:46 AM
That's a huge shame mate but at least drop in from time to time and say g'day.

HuskyInAuz
16th November 2015, 10:54 AM
You coming back?? Shame you have to sell your gear mate. You won't get another Patrol like that again:) If you're planning on coming back, is it worth putting it in storage till you get back?
Either way mate, take care and hope things work out for ya.

Catch you soon

Another acronym .. coming back, yes, when, NAFC. With all the vehicles I've had and cut loose, two that I shouldn't have sold stand out and I find myself saying ... what was I thinking?? The first was a '58 Austin Healy Bug Eye Sprite I sold to a vet just coming back from 'nam (as I was going) for $250 bucks.. and now the Patrol.

I want to get some "Nissan Patrol.com.au" stickers for my Dodge ! That will stand out in Orygun. I didn't get a response when I made inquires prior to the western trip this winter.

If I can help or answer questions for anyone on the forum coming over, let me know via PM. I won't be checking daily but will stay part of the forum for the foreseeable future.

Irish
16th November 2015, 05:48 PM
Might be a dumb idea but can you ship the patrol over to the States?

threedogs
16th November 2015, 05:54 PM
I take it you are taking the dog with you??

katwoman
17th November 2015, 01:06 AM
Thats a damn shame, Scott. As Nisshead said, you could store the Patrol.. It's not like it would lose value.. I would be more than happy to store it for you. Seriously.
A friend of ours is trying to convince us to go to CA with him soon. So we might see you before you see us !

Maxhead
17th November 2015, 05:55 AM
A friend of ours is trying to convince us to go to CA with him soon. !

Is CA short for CAnberra?? I'll see you guys soon then...lol

katwoman
17th November 2015, 08:09 PM
Is CA short for CAnberra?? I'll see you guys soon then...lol

I think it's time we fed you, isn't it ?

growler2058
17th November 2015, 08:38 PM
I think it's time we fed you, isn't it ?

No don't just poke him with a stick through the cage

Sent from my iPhone using My thumbs

HuskyInAuz
17th November 2015, 09:23 PM
I started to look into it but they were not imported for a number of reasons. There are a few LHD units up in the great white north, the third 'CA' according to the comments in this thread. I would store it here first if that is what we decide.

HuskyInAuz
17th November 2015, 09:29 PM
Thats a damn shame, Scott. As Nisshead said, you could store the Patrol.. It's not like it would lose value.. I would be more than happy to store it for you. Seriously.
A friend of ours is trying to convince us to go to CA with him soon. So we might see you before you see us !

Might need a place to store my Cuban cigars for a few more years since the USA is still sort of at war with Cuba... hopefully restrictions will ease a bit and a lot of Cuban's will get well paid for all those vintage cars they have been driving for 50 years .

If you go to 'CA' #1 (Canada) it will be white and cold, if you go to the second 'CA', stop by for some body armor and personal protection devices we have in Oregon, as far as CAnberra, use one's imagination.

HuskyInAuz
17th November 2015, 09:36 PM
I take it you are taking the dog with you??

'Platinum Joe', he's already there .. came over a couple days after I arrived.
Spent the first two years on the farm ...

and plunged right back into the swing 8 years later only now on anti-inflammatory meds, running around too much for a geriatric boxer.

"Platinum" given the cost of going to and from here .. more than my tickets x 2. Son is taking care of him in Portland while we are here.

nissannewby
17th November 2015, 10:28 PM
I'd be more than happy to store and care for the patrol.....:p

katwoman
17th November 2015, 10:53 PM
Might need a place to store my Cuban cigars for a few more years since the USA is still sort of at war with Cuba... hopefully restrictions will ease a bit and a lot of Cuban's will get well paid for all those vintage cars they have been driving for 50 years .

If you go to 'CA' #1 (Canada) it will be white and cold, if you go to the second 'CA', stop by for some body armor and personal protection devices we have in Oregon, as far as CAnberra, use one's imagination.

Well, I dont like white or cold, so that counts out Canada AND Canberra. Looks like we'll be getting some body armour............

rusty_nail
20th November 2015, 07:42 AM
shame your going scott, call in for a beer before you leave if time permits!

Winnie
20th November 2015, 08:27 AM

They probably wouldn't be here by the time you get back!

NissanGQ4.2
29th December 2015, 07:58 PM
Missed this thread completely, was thinking of heading down Jervis Bay way in a weeks time so though I would send you a PM and noticed you changed your location.

Hope all is going well with you guys