PDA

View Full Version : Camper Trailer Owners Beware!

Oggittyboogitty
7th April 2011, 12:01 AM
Hi all, we and several other owner's have had our camper's stolen, seven in my local area in the space of a month, in our case the camper was usually stored behind a secure roller door and access gate's, however had been parked for the period of about a week in a very out of the way part of our front yard behind a raised garden bed with quite a large mound of soil obscuring the view from the street, while i had been reorganizing storage space and servicing not only mine and my wife's vehicle in our carport. Please make sure you secure them and make sure you have enough insurance, 20 plus years of collecting equipment and fishing gear to use and enjoy while you are way is a staggering amount of money to replace when they are no longer there. Just a word of warning!

the cheeky f@#ktard's even neatly stack the paving bricks i had been using for wheel chocks on the stone wall next to where it was parked!

Clunk
7th April 2011, 12:06 AM
sorry to hear about that mate, bloody toerags need shooting

Oggittyboogitty
7th April 2011, 12:16 AM
damm i miss semi auto's ! frickin govt !

Dark 1
7th April 2011, 12:19 AM
Sorry to hear mate, freakin A-holes.

nickpeacock36
7th April 2011, 06:42 AM
Sorry to hear Mate and thanks for the warning.I need to sort insurance out.

Maxhead
7th April 2011, 07:33 AM
Sorry to hear Mate and thanks for the warning.I need to sort insurance out.

x2. been talking about insurance for years and still haven't got it sorted.
Sorry to hear about the gear mate

Bob
7th April 2011, 08:11 AM
As you said the years of accumulating equipment down the tube due to some low life. Sorry mate

growler2058
7th April 2011, 08:23 AM
Spewin mate, sorry to hear about that. Your creative expletive though is one i use regularly hahahhahahaha havent heard anyone else use it for years

HippoNZ
7th April 2011, 08:30 AM
Are semi autos banned in aussie? I got one here in NZ

AB
7th April 2011, 08:50 AM
Shame to hear that mate, hope the little %^** get caught!!!

Are semi autos banned in aussie? I got one here in NZ

Yes they are banned now. Do you remember hearing about the Martin Bryant shootings down at Tasmania in 1996.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Bryant)

HippoNZ
7th April 2011, 09:53 AM
Shame to hear that mate, hope the little %^** get caught!!!

Yes they are banned now. Do you remember hearing about the Martin Bryant shootings down at Tasmania in 1996.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Bryant)

Far out that guys a nut case, I was only 4yrs old lol when that happend so I don't remember that at all

Bigrig
7th April 2011, 10:39 AM
When I get mine, it will be padlocked and locked away in a garage ... The sad thing is, doesn't matter what you do, if they want it, they'll get it - all you can do is make it as least an attractive proposition as possible and unfortunately, that just means they'll take the path of least resistance and steal something else or someone elses ...

Sir Roofy
7th April 2011, 02:06 PM
As you said the years of accumulating equipment down the tube due to some low life. Sorry mate

x2 better chain mine up then

AB
7th April 2011, 02:09 PM
x2 better chain mine up then

I would almost make up your own wheel brace too.

All they need is bolt cutters and they're off!

Sir Roofy
7th April 2011, 02:13 PM

your probably right AB better tye the dog to it then

rkinsey
7th April 2011, 02:17 PM
One solution in catching the mongrels is to install wireless network cameras that you control using your computer to record images and video. You can get external weatherproof ones that have night vision capability.

Instll some at ground level and point them up to get their faces as most cameras are installed up high out of reach of people.

fakawi
7th April 2011, 02:25 PM
Sorry to hear about the theft mate, I had stuff stolen at a campground, so I bought a steel cable with a high tensile lock (recommended by a locksmith mate) to put through the wheel. It cost a lot , but anything to make it harder for the Bar*$%ds. I also chain up the esky's, bikes and anything else left out to the trailer so that if they do try to steal anything, it it will go noisy quickly.

When our house was burgled, I contemplated digging some pits with spikes, electric fencing, etc and you suspect every bugger that looks at you strangley. Check out the trading post and any pawn shops in the area. Do you have any photos of your stuff so that we can keep a look out.

Bigrig
7th April 2011, 03:27 PM

I'd be using the wheel brace on the f:ckers, not for the nuts .... ooooo baby, I'm 3 parts pissed (been a bad day for some personal reasons - don't ask) and right now I'd love nothing more than taking to these pr!cks with a large metal object ...

timbar
7th April 2011, 03:31 PM
maybe put some pics up on the forum just incase other forum members or even sandbaggers may see your camper and report the w@nkers to authorities just an idea ???

Finly Owner
7th April 2011, 11:03 PM
What's worse than the lowlife who stole it? The Dirtbags who know it's stolen and buy it from the lowlife!

Oggittyboogitty
7th April 2011, 11:29 PM
Cheer's people, nice to know there are true aussies out there, fingers crossed insurance company play's the game fair, just once i would like to catch someone in the act , what i would do then i wouldn't hazzard a guess, would like to think i was better than that. na f@&k it i would go postal!

the ferret
7th April 2011, 11:44 PM
I don't think they are just your average burgler, I think these guys suss you out as they do with trail bikes, they watch you , you don't even notice them drive past after following you home, then they keep track of what time you go to bed, they are experts and know that at 2am you are at your deepest sleep, they sneek in without a sound and very quietly remove your stuff. By the time you wake up, the gear is either stripped and packed for interstate or is in some shed being altered, or is already on a truck heading for somewhere a long way away.
The only way is to have a sensor set up that buzzes by your bed, so you can aim a shotty at the maggots, and yes, blow their ferking kneecaps off.

the ferret
8th April 2011, 12:47 AM
Yeah, that'd be right Andy, only us law abiding citizens had to hand in their fire arms, the ratbags that have unregistered guns have all still got them, what a total waste of taxpayers money. My shotty alone was worth over 10 grand, they gave me $250, I had 5 guns and now all I can have is an ancient Lithgo 22 bolt action that shoots around corners!!

Chaz
13th April 2011, 02:58 PM
Sorry t o hear about this mate, and you only live a stone throw away from me. I keep mine behind a roller door also, but I figure leaving a pin locked in the Treg coupling should make it a bit harder to take.
Good luck with the insurance?

snicko
17th April 2011, 04:08 PM
Sorry Mate to hear about your beloved camper. Not only is the camper gone so has the memories remembered each time you get it out. Dont worry Kama will get them!!!

Snicko

timbar
17th April 2011, 04:14 PM
Sorry Mate to hear about your beloved camper. Not only is the camper gone so has the memories remembered each time you get it out. Dont worry Kama will get them!!!

Snicko

This is why we need to keep our eyes open !!! any thing thhat gets stolen should be put up on the forum so we can catch these a55holes and bring them to justice

Patrolute4x4
17th April 2011, 06:35 PM
thank for the heads up

Bigrig
17th April 2011, 07:32 PM
I'm going to get those micro dot security things put on mine and a sticker which states the same nice and clearly ...

rfrom7inoz
18th April 2011, 11:35 PM
Sorry mate! Good luck.