PDA

View Full Version : RAM mount on oh sh!t bar

AB
14th November 2015, 06:32 PM
Has anyone used a ram mount with the connection to the oh Sh!t bar for the iPad like the below?

Shakes around, sturdy, thoughts?

LaughingBeagles
14th November 2015, 06:57 PM
Good idea. If you check my mod thread, you'll see an alternative is in the little hutch in the dash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stropp
14th November 2015, 07:00 PM
Yes AB I have that type in my gu but I use the wing nut to support the iPad from moving around as I turn it so the wing nut sits on the base of the compartment to take the weight if that makes sense, I think it would move around g
Just on the bar like that.

AB
14th November 2015, 07:02 PM
Yes AB I have that type in my gu but I use the wing nut to support the iPad from moving around as I turn it so the wing nut sits on the base of the compartment to take the weight if that makes sense, I think it would move around g
Just on the bar like that.

Surprisingly that does make sense. :) Cheers Stropp!

AB
14th November 2015, 07:04 PM
Good idea. If you check my mod thread, you'll see an alternative is in the little hutch in the dash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks mate, The GQ is a little different in that spot and with our awesome 1990 Nissan aircon we need all the vents unrestricted unfortunately!

MudRunnerTD
14th November 2015, 07:16 PM
It would work fine but suit a Navi more than the driver

AB
14th November 2015, 07:17 PM
It would work fine but suit a Navi more than the driver yeah I was hoping the straight connector would be long enough to go on a 45 from the bar in front of the dash but it looks tight.

taslucas
14th November 2015, 08:05 PM
Definitely nice and high up out of any water that may flood the footwell.... Come to think of it, is there room to mount your oven there?

tappin from tassie

AB
14th November 2015, 08:08 PM
Definitely nice and high up out of any water that may flood the footwell.... Come to think of it, is there room to mount your oven there?

tappin from tassie

Truth be told I originally wanted to squeeze it in the glovebox for chicken garlic balls on the go...lol

It would stick out a fair bit and the mrs being the passenger wasn't overlay wrapped with the brilliant idea!

mudski
14th November 2015, 09:02 PM
My Ram mount for the tablet is bolted to the pax seat base, then on a shaft about 2ft long. It does shake when on rough roads but is quite easy to see still at low speeds.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

BigRAWesty
14th November 2015, 09:35 PM
How come no one has said..
It's a Jesus Crist Bar.. lol
I've been thinking about the same setup. . Only worry I have is the covering twisting on the bar over time like the steering wheels do..

Sprock
15th November 2015, 10:35 AM
Truth be told I originally wanted to squeeze it in the glovebox for chicken garlic balls on the go...lol

It would stick out a fair bit and the mrs being the passenger wasn't overlay wrapped with the brilliant idea!

Bloody women - tell her to work in a bit [emoji744] - it's not all about her [emoji57] but for god sake don't tell her I said that - she might hit me [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaughingBeagles
17th December 2015, 12:07 AM
Thanks mate, The GQ is a little different in that spot and with our awesome 1990 Nissan aircon we need all the vents unrestricted unfortunately!

I forgot you have a mighty GQ. I used to have a 96 GQ. A beast.

Tap tap tap

GQ TANK
19th December 2015, 07:30 PM
I did mount my samsung tablet with a ram mount to the bar using one of the ram mounts, but found that the bracket virbrated. I then tried a right angle bracket using the screws above the left dash air vent. This reduced the amount of air.

I have now mounted the bracket on top edge of the central dash using a right angle bracket to a ram mount