PDA

View Full Version : New TRED PRO kickstarter campaign

ashmccormick
14th November 2015, 09:36 AM
Not really an eBay/gumtree find... But posting it here incase anyone might be interested in buying a set of maxxtrax or similar soon.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/evolvenpd/tred-pro-total-recovery-and-extraction-device-for

Its a crowdfunding campaign for the new TRED PRO product. It looks like it will have much more durable teeth than the older TRED and Maxtrax style. Due out in April next year but buying now is a great way to get your hands on this stuff for a reduced cost before it hits the shelves in 2016! Also says it comes with a lifetime guarantee...

MudRunnerTD
14th November 2015, 06:27 PM
Wow they have made a fortune out of the industry over the last 3 years grabbing a massive market share yet they need to Crowd fund?

ashmccormick
14th November 2015, 07:05 PM
Wow they have made a fortune out of the industry over the last 3 years grabbing a massive market share yet they need to Crowd fund?

Just a marketing ploy I reckon mate. Get a bit of hype about the product on social media before taking it to the stores.

I found it interesting seeing how much the teeth flatten with just 4 seconds of wheel spin. Hence why I would never lend my maxtrax to anyone haha

Rumcajs
14th November 2015, 07:12 PM
Yep, I'm not trying to knock em but it is typical Australian Absurdistan where they're trying to get rich quick on what is essentially recycled milk crates plastic where cost per unit can't be more then $5 AUD. Once the injection moulding machine is running nonstop it will pay for itself in 6 months time. I like the lifetime guarantee if you can grasp the meaning of the term aka lifetime of the product that is which can be whatever the maker makes it or is forced to by laws, let me guess 12 months!

I'm sorry but they essentially stitching up the market again.... so recovery boards must be valued around $300, winches around $800 and .... so everyone who produces the stuff just sells the stuff for what is what market is willing to bear aka price gouge not what it cost to make and healthy profit.

Chinese will knock those for around $90 and that includes 1,000% profit margin built in already. Fcuk I hate this capitalist shyte!

Regards

BigRAWesty
14th November 2015, 08:38 PM
They want $160 a pair.. they say rrp is over $300..
Now I know not many pay over $300 for a set of tracks.. I think they are crowd funding to cover their ass, in the back of their minds they now it's not a good market atm.