PDA

View Full Version : Got me a bush beast!!!

wojtech
6th April 2011, 06:25 PM
At last I got a LWB 4WD and its a '94 GQ 4.2 Diesel with aftermarket Turbo. I do like SWB's but they don't fit families to well. My last car was a Daihatsu Rocky, that one took me and my family and a boat to Weipa and back a few times not all that comfortably but it was a pretty good little car.
But I must say that I love my Nissans (where do you get those Toyota tow point stickers??) My last Nissan was a heavily modified Datsun 1600, 2.4L with huge cam etc, it was a little V8 eater. Times have changed and my missus doesn't like 120 miles an hour on dirt for some reason (go figure), so I had to get rid of that.
I got this Patrol which has had a bit of work done to by the past owner, it already has sus lift, body lift, front air locker, aftermarket turbo, full drawer system in the back snorkel and a few other bits.
Just working through all of its bits, new shocks are on the cards, panard bushes, swivel hubs, all that stuff that gets flogged out. Later I reckon a 35" rubber and she'll be ready to eat mud and mountains for under $11K everything going to plan!!

Bigrig
6th April 2011, 06:31 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard and top intro. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it. Enjoy!!

NissanGQ4.2
6th April 2011, 06:31 PM
Welcome 2 the forum mate,

Great bunch of guys and girls on here always willing 2 help out where they can.

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer.

Cheers

Todd

growler2058
6th April 2011, 06:32 PM
Gday mate theyre a good mob here full of useful info and advice

Bob
6th April 2011, 07:10 PM
Welcome wojtech Join in and enjoy

Dhuck
6th April 2011, 07:42 PM
welcome to the forum mate

Maxhead
6th April 2011, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the intro mate and welcome to the nissanpatrol community..

Cheers
Kris

Sir Roofy
6th April 2011, 08:27 PM
welcome aboard wojtech

AB
6th April 2011, 09:22 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Wow, would have been an interesting trip with a family piled in the Rocky whilst towing a boat up to Weipa.

Finly Owner
6th April 2011, 09:39 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House. Thanks for intro, now we needpics in members rides and of course updates.

Tim

wildgu6
6th April 2011, 09:55 PM
Welcome aboard mate,
Great bunch of people here with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Hope you have a great 2011.
stay safe & Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete

wojtech
6th April 2011, 10:11 PM
Thanx guys!!

It's gonna be a big car day on Saturday I have to do the swivel hubs and a few other things, I assume they are pretty much the same as the Rocky I had, but you know what they say assumption is the mother of all ..... you know what I mean!! Haven't got a manual so if there is anything I should know please let me know!
All going to plan Sunday I'll go and try out the locker on a couple of (wet) tracks.

AB
6th April 2011, 10:13 PM
Thanx guys!!

It's gonna be a big car day on Saturday I have to do the swivel hubs and a few other things, I assume they are pretty much the same as the Rocky I had, but you know what they say assumption is the mother of all ..... you know what I mean!! Haven't got a manual so if there is anything I should know please let me know!
All going to plan Sunday I'll go and try out the locker on a couple of (wet) tracks.

You need 25 posts to get the manuals but just join in the conversations, welcome some other new members and just download the manual off here mate before the weekend.

Go in the general chat section too and start joining in the general chats....We like to talk bollocks mate so join in the convos.

wojtech
6th April 2011, 10:14 PM
By the way how do I upload photos from my computer not from http

AB
6th April 2011, 10:17 PM
By the way how do I upload photos from my computer not from http

At the bottom where you type stuff in press the "go advanced" button.

It just gives you more options when posting....Press the http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/editor/attach.png symbol to attach pictures to the post.

The forum can only handle pics under 1.9mb....If they are over that then they need to be shrunk down....

Click here on to how to shrink pics if need be -->http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1412-Picture-sizes-and-how-to-reduce-the-size.

wojtech
6th April 2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks again, now I can show y'all the new beast

wojtech
6th April 2011, 10:33 PM
Might need to put 35" s on it though, what do you guys reckon

AB
6th April 2011, 10:36 PM
Very nice mate, love the front bar...I need one like that!

Yeah 35's would make it more of a beast for sure!!!

Finly Owner
6th April 2011, 10:36 PM
Hope your putting them on back too. LOL

Bigrig
6th April 2011, 10:37 PM

With a bit more of a lift!! Would look awesome!!!

Clunk
7th April 2011, 12:08 AM
g'day mate, welcome aboard

Dark 1
7th April 2011, 12:26 AM
Welcome from another nth qlder.

wojtech
7th April 2011, 04:54 PM
That tyre is only just resting against my 32", its a mate spare, If I was to bolt that on the car go up another 1.5". I have at least 50mm (maybe more I bought it as is) suspension lift and 45mm body lift.
Will I need more lift than that you reckon??
See how much clearance I have on the rear 32" (its about 270mm at the top of the tyre)

growler2058
7th April 2011, 05:02 PM
I rekon you want 4" suspension lift for 35's to work properly, they'll fit with 50mm but dont rekon they'd like the rough stuff too much, IMO ;)

wojtech
7th April 2011, 05:51 PM
The Front bar is pretty beefy, it has the same beefy steelwork all round so it can bounce off rocks I reckon. The front bar gives me about a 55 degree ramp angle with 32" tyres, from a normal street level (my missus' pulsar) I can see the tops of the tyres at the front, makes it look pretty mean!!

AB
7th April 2011, 07:17 PM
I rekon you want 4" suspension lift for 35's to work properly, they'll fit with 50mm but dont rekon they'd like the rough stuff too much, IMO ;)

yeah x 2 mate. 33"s will be fine but will need more then a 2" suspension running 35" tyres.

They will rub on flex for sure.

What about getting a 2" body lift as well?

big_fletch
7th April 2011, 08:09 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Fletcha

wojtech
7th April 2011, 10:17 PM
Thanks for all the advice about 2" lift on suspension and 35's and I realise that just 2" won't be enough, but like I've mentioned already I have a body lift blocks that are 45 mm as well as 2" on the springs. I reckon the only problem I'll have is the speedo! Oh, and scaring the hell out of SUV's!!!

patch697
3rd May 2011, 07:07 PM
To all new members & those member who have joined in the last 4 months I'd like to introduce myself

Hi all my name is Paul (patch697) & I am the Super Moderator here on the forum. I have been away for a spell & there will be a lot of new members who haven't met me yet so I'd like to extend a worm welcome from myself to you all & if you have any question or need any help don't hesitate to ask.

I hope you all enjoy the forum.

Cheers
Paul