PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Tools

the evil twin
3rd November 2015, 05:28 PM
The human kind not the mechanical kind...

I have been bidding off and on for a bit of kit on Fleabay that retails for around high 3 hundreds.
Several Ebay vendors offer the item for "Buy it now" prices of $310 to $320
About 3 vendors do occasional Auctions which normally run out of puff at about $250 to $280
Auction wise, when I spot one, I normally max bid at $249 with like 2 seconds to go.

In an auction yesterday I (and others) watched as 2 dudes bid each other up to $337 about 2 hours before close (that particular Vendor offers Buy it Now at $319)
Betcha the Vendor is sitting there going "Hope that happens more often"

Tools, absolute tools...

Winnie
3rd November 2015, 05:30 PM
Haha, caught in the heat of the moment, gotta beat that other guy!

Hodge
3rd November 2015, 06:11 PM
Haha . When an auction sucks you in ... can't let it go !

Was there a "Buy it now" applied to that very item, or was there a separate listing of the same item with a "Buy it now" price ?

I assumed that once bidding reaches the "Buy it now" threshold, the first to bid that amount wins ? Or does bidding go beyond that ?

the evil twin
3rd November 2015, 06:45 PM
Haha . When an auction sucks you in ... can't let it go !

Was there a "Buy it now" applied to that very item, or was there a separate listing of the same item with a "Buy it now" price ?

I assumed that once bidding reaches the "Buy it now" threshold, the first to bid that amount wins ? Or does bidding go beyond that ?

G'day Hodge,

In this case it was a straight Auction with no Buy it Now option
I think you are correct regarding those listings that have both Auction and Buy it Now options IE if a bidder hits the Buy it Now price the Evilbay software recognises it and stops the Auction... I could be wrong tho.

Bidder who lodges a price higher than the Buy it Now would still be a tool... makes it hard to snag a bargain eh...

Irish
4th November 2015, 05:00 PM
I love it when a seller has and item with (for example) $100 buy it now or best offer, so you put in an offer of say $90, and they counter offer with $99.95.

Dude, if you don't want people to put offers in, why select the option???????

the evil twin
4th November 2015, 05:32 PM
I love it when a seller has and item with (for example) $100 buy it now or best offer, so you put in an offer of say $90, and they counter offer with $99.95.

Dude, if you don't want people to put offers in, why select the option???????

Hehehehe...

When that happens come back with $89.95 as a counter counter offer

megatexture
4th November 2015, 09:17 PM
I got in best offer war with some seller who was a tool and he ended up banning me from purchasing any of his items!
so I got on my other account and a got into a more modest offer war that went for days wasting his time then never purchased the items lol

They should just remove the best offer for shops

BillsGU
4th November 2015, 09:20 PM
Years ago I wanted to buy a particular model of a car. I knew what they were going for in yards but I thought I may do better at the auctions - so for the first time ever I went to the car auctions. I could not believe what they were going for - AND WITH NO WARRANTY! I went to a yard the next week and bought a car that I had my eye on for far less than the auction price. Probably not always the case.